Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue Chicken on the 210 Spirit

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
I just made another (Longer than I wanted) video making my world famous Blueberry Bourbon Barbecue chicken.
I usually make it on the 21", but it was so stupid hot out that I opted for the Spirit.
I used about a half a package of blueberries
1/2 jar of barbecue sauce
a good glurp of Jim Beam
and boneless chicken breasts.

It cooked for about an hour
Give it a try, it's great.

Here's the link for the video. I wanted pictures, but the camera wasn't cooperating.

Wow! I wish I lived in your neighborhood...smell must’ve been incredible. Loved the video and the cook. Thank you!

I like that Mark!
I need to try that sauce ASAP.

Tim

Tim
I'm not kidding, it is a great sauce. The blueberries sweetened the barbecue sauce nicely. I'd recommend using a sauce with a little bite to it if you don't use the Creole seasoning or a rub with a little bite. It can be a little sweet, that's why I use the creole to round out the sweet with some heat.

Hey Mark. I really enjoyed your video. That chicken looked terrific. We're huge blueberry lovers. A couple of years ago I watched this video on the Food Network showcasing a rib joint in North Carolina that broke with tradition and served up their ribs with their own sweet and spicy blueberry/chipotle sauce. I was so impressed I ordered a couple of bottles and it was outstanding. I will absolutely give your sauce a try. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
Tim
I'm not kidding, it is a great sauce. The blueberries sweetened the barbecue sauce nicely. I'd recommend using a sauce with a little bite to it if you don't use the Creole seasoning or a rub with a little bite. It can be a little sweet, that's why I use the creole to round out the sweet with some heat.

Good call on the heat. I'm with Cliff, think it would be good on pork!

Tim

Hey Mark. I really enjoyed your video. That chicken looked terrific. We're huge blueberry lovers. A couple of years ago I watched a video on the Food Network showcasing a rib joint in North Carolina that broke with tradition and served up their ribs with their own sweet and spicy blueberry/chipotle sauce. I was so impressed I ordered a couple of bottles and it was outstanding. I will absolutely give your sauce a try. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure if you like blueberries you're going to love this sauce.
Like I did, use your favorite barbecue sauce as a base, and just build on that.
Next time I think I'll add some of my dry rub right in the sauce to give it a "Wow that's great" taste.

Fire em up, and enjoy.

Good call on the heat. I'm with Cliff, think it would be good on pork!

Tim

It is great on pork. I cut a pork loin into 1" steaks and used it on them. It's outstanding. I didn't add as much heat to them, and wished I did. They were great, but could have been just a bit better.

Mark, you sent that one out of the ball park. Your video was great and that is going on our dinner list real soon. That's for sharing it with us.

Mark, you sent that one out of the ball park. Your video was great and that is going on our dinner list real soon. That's for sharing it with us.

Thanks. It was very good. I've made it twice since this post, and the last time I added a very finely minced Jalapeno and some granulated garlic to the sauce when I added the barbecue sauce.
That gave it just the little bit of extra heat over top of the heat from my dry rub that it needed.

Give it a try, it's great!!

Back