Birthday Brisket and Sausage

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We celebrated my birthday this weekend. We had a barbecue, but scaled back from years past.

This was a choice brisket I got on sale for about 20 bucks(From the 4th). I used mustard as a slather and salt and pepper.

Gr3Eempl.jpg

Before the wrap. I cooked this with Weber charcoal and Post oak chunks from Fruitawood.

Wrapped brisket.

1jPlknul.jpg

My 22.5 WSM doing it's thing. I kept it at 225 for the overnight portion of the cook and then let it drift up to 250 after the wrap.

Sliced Brisket

ROfyUGbl.jpg

More Sliced.

jF58oA1l.jpg

Some of my home made hot guts.

w2hSXdSl.jpg

Plated with some potato salad. I got some lean and some fatty on this plate.

My wife had these cookies made for me!

9bOHvBDl.jpg

My cake! My nickname for my son is Tum Tum.

Thanks for looking. My birthday is the 22nd but we celebrated this weekend.

Your brisket, sausage and desserts look outstanding, Dustin! Happy Birthday a few days early!

Dustin
That brisket is top notch, and your home made guts are legendary.
Cookies and the cake Priceless.

Dustin, that Brisket looks fantastic. Love the cookies and cake. Have a great Birthday.

If that's scaled down, I'll have to look back on a few of your prior BD cooks! Briskie and sausage look delicious Dustin, and your wife is one talented woman. The cookies and cake are amazing!

The BBQ looks great but your wife's cookies are even more amazing. Very talented lady you are married to. Congrats on the birthday!

Dang, IDK how I missed this yesterday ............but that's sooo cool.

The brisket came out great, but man, those hot guts , wow ........... that looks delicious.

And the cake and cookies are really neat.

BTW, my birthday was last Sunday, the 14th, but all we did was drink beer :cool:

Happy birthday, Dustin! Great brisket and homemade sausage cook. I love the special cookies and cake - your family loves your food and they reciprocate in kind. Love it.

Back