Taco Bowl Salad

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
If you looked at the Smoked Chicken Enchilada thread that I posted you may have noticed that I had some leftover chicken as I only used the breasts.

The casserole made numerous meals for us and I wanted a break from it, so I decided to make taco bowl salad. Only problem was we didn't have any taco bowls! We did have flour tortillas though.

Here's how to make taco bowls out of tortillas. I used 10" flour tortillas (you can use corn, but you need to warm them a bit to soften them.

1. Pre-heat oven to 385°
1. Lightly brush both sides of your tortilla with olive oil or vegetable oil.
3. Season both sides of you tortilla. I used home made taco seasoning. Sometimes I just use salt.
4. Wrap the tortilla around a small glass bowl or ramekin. I use a small Pyrex bowl (orange lid)
5. Cover tortilla with foil
6. Invert unto baking sheet
7. Place into oven and bake for 5 minutes.
8. Using tongs carefully remove glass dish. Pull foil down from sides
9. Continue to bake until golden brown. I will remove from foil completely and flip them to help them along if needed. After removing the glass dish you really need to watch closely. this step can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes more.
10. When you like the color remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly before filling. The tortilla bowl will crisp up more as it cools.

These will keep for a couple days if you make extra. I usually just make them when we need them since it doesn't take long.

48260182272_0fbb5e3727_c.jpg

Ready for the oven

48260181687_9dc9916c79_c.jpg

48260112841_9f30fe6bcb_c.jpg

Fill and enjoy!

48260113046_11e9748082_c.jpg

Last edited:
Case, I'm all over this one. I love taco salads and this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing .

Oh goody Barbs going to make a taco salad.....Yum

Great idea Case, that's thinking out of the box.

Hey all I just noticed I had the written g oven temp. Sorry! I edited the original post. Should have been 385.

My wife has done that a long time ago.
I just showed her the pictures, and she said we need to do that again.

Back