Stainless Rod Grate Showdown New Trailer

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Slowly but surely, I have begun working on my Stainless Rod Grate Showdown and video. Just got one last set of grates delivered - BBQ Toro - to include in the comparison to try and stay current.

In the meantime, I got a small amount of new video footage shot, with my wife’s reluctant help. So, here is a new trailer specifically for this first, hopefully upcoming, episode. Hope you enjoy:

https://youtu.be/ejoxEaEDNd4

OMG......... That is amazing Jon. You seem to have a great movie editor here. I am looking forward for the real version.

Nice. Very professional. Looking forward to more.

I did note the wavy grates in your teaser trailer. Napoleon? Did you test a set of those?

No, just tossed in that picture from a bbq place I visited because it was so unique. I am doing quite a few grates, though, and have a lot of explaining to do with my wife:eek:!

I do wish I could try out those flat grates also in the video that I saw at Costco. I think they would have some definitive advantages in making defined sear marks.

Last edited:
Not sure if it is more of a credit to Jon or discredits to Hollywood,
but I much more excited to see Jon's work than anything that has
come to the big screen in years.

Subscribed! Nice trailer!

What did you need your wife’s help for? The editing? Filming?

My wife filmed the scenes with me in them, and she helped me with getting the logo on the picture of the steaks at the beginning. She thinks this is another annoying time consumer and isn't very enthusiastic about me making even one video:(.

Music seems so dramatic LOL

Yeah, went from holocaust documentary music:rolleyes: to battle scene music from Lord of the Rings;). That’s Apple iMovie canned stuff. The music I am looking at for my actual video will be more acoustic guitar mellow. Just need time!

Might want to keep a clip of that stuff on hand for the climactic reveal at the end of the grill grate review.

Looking good. I'm ready for more than just teasers.

I hear you, Jason. Me, too, but it definitely takes a lot if time that I don’t seem very good at finding.

These trailers are meant as much to keep me motivated as to get everyone else interested:).

We may eclipse the remake record. Grill Grates #27. hahaha.
I would rather wait and get a good video review than see a jumbled mess thrown up on Youtube. I have enough of my own jumbled mess videos.

We could wait a few days for TVWBB to come back up, I am sure we can handle a wait for the Grill Grate Faceoff to be posted.

Back