Hot Saturday Skirt Steak Tacos

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Well I'll try this again. This is what I did during the big crash. I found some wonderful outside skirt steak while cruising a couple of butcher shops in Oregon. It makes for a fun day and provides an opportunity we don't have down here. Here's a few pic's of the cook.

Used about a 3/4 lb. piece for these tacos.

enhance

Threw it in a bag and marinated the meat for a couple of hours. Marinade consisted of sliced jalapeno's, chopped garlic, cilantro, oil and a few other spices.

enhance

Refried beans.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Maybe two minutes a side. Very quick cook.

enhance

enhance

Very quick warm up for the mini-tortillas.

enhance

Sliced it up.

enhance

enhance

These were very good. The skirt steak was tender and juicy and picked up wonderful flavor from the marinade. Very simple build on the tacos. The meat, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, topped off with fresh squeezed lime juice. Tony's beans never disappoint. Thanks for looking everyone. Hope your weekend was good!

One of the things I missed the most with the forum being down was your cooks.
Great looking tacos and pics Cliff!
just me tonight, and I'm ordering a pizza :(

I wore out on the inside skirt steak also, but recently I found some flanken cut beef ribs at Sams. Put them in similar marinade as Cliff used and then grilled them. They were less than 1/2" thick so they grilled quick. Not near as chewy as the skirt steak. Made great carne asada.

I'm gonna use them again, but skip the marinade and use Meat Church Holy Cow.

Btw, Cliffs tacos look delicious.

Wow that looks great! Easy summer dinner (or lunch, breakfast??). I like the marinade too, nothing to overpower the taste of the steak, just enhance it.

.....cruising a couple of butcher shops.....

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I hoping this makes up at least a fair chunk of my (someday) retirement.

Thanks everyone!

All I can ever get is the tough as shoe leather inside skirt.

I can't find it around here either Dustin. That's what got me looking around in the shops up in Oregon. I had to ask the butcher at both places. One shop admitted they try and save it, but sold me a pound anyway. The second shop only sells outside skirt and that's where I bought the meat used for this post. What got me going on outside skirt were the two articles Chris wrote and posted last year. Links below.

http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2014/07/skirt-steak-part-1/
http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2018/05/skirt-steak-part-2/

Last edited:
Those look great Cliff and like Bob said during the TVWBB crash of 2019 I really missed relaxing and cruising on the forum and especially seeing pictures of some of your cooks. You make it look so easy.

Back