Wow, the forum is back on line

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Not sure if we are on a different server or not, but it looks like the forum is back up and running....yahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris! It's been empty and a lot of people in my life have learned things they've never thought they would about old weber grills the last few days;)

It's amazing how much I missed the forum. I didn't realize how much enjoyment I got just cruising the forum when I have a little down time. Sure glad it's up again.
Thanks Chris!

I saw a couple of folks from here on the tvwbb facebook page.
Chris, thanks for putting the hamster back on the wheel.

Yah, I was over there a bit. But I WAYYYY much prefer the forum format to any of the FB groups. I hate FB in general and basically only use it to sell and buy grills. The TVWBB forum has such great members and we don't have to worry about random FB users trolling through with stupid comments.

Yah, I was over there a bit. But I WAYYYY much prefer the forum format to any of the FB groups. I hate FB in general and basically only use it to sell and buy grills. The TVWBB forum has such great members and we don't have to worry about random FB users trolling through with stupid comments.

Bruce, I was checking FB like crazy for updates from Chris. While there I tried to view the comments. FB would not show all the comments. Was that because I am not a member or were they censoring the comments?

Joan: I have no idea. FB is a big mystery to me. I am pretty up on forums and web sites in general as I have an IT background, but facebook seems like a big unorganized mess to me with no logical structure. But, that just may be me being a bit too old school. Then, the people you meet on there are not generally I feel like dealing with.

Last edited:
Joan: I have no idea. FB is a big mystery to me. I am pretty up on forums and web sites in general as I have an IT background, but facebook seems like a big unorganized mess to me with no logical structure. But, that just me being a bit too old school. Then, the people you meet on there are not generally I feel like dealing with.

Thanks anyway Bruce. Maybe someone else might know?

Actually FB may be the better place for this forum in some ways. Many places are beginning to use FB in place of a web page. I may actually go that route myself. As my FB page seems to get more traffic than my hosted web site, and it's FREE. I realize if I go to a full blown FB web presence they charge a small fee for it but it would be FAR easier and cheaper

Joan: I have no idea. FB is a big mystery to me. I am pretty up on forums and web sites in general as I have an IT background, but facebook seems like a big unorganized mess to me with no logical structure. But, that just may be me being a bit too old school. Then, the people you meet on there are not generally I feel like dealing with.

I'm not a Facebook fan either.

Actually FB may be the better place for this forum in some ways.

It may work for your personal taste but I'd abandon this site if it were on FB. I don't know if it's the anonymity or what, but I cannot tolerate the senseless, rude comments from its people. More traffic on FB? Probably. But far from quality traffic. May this forum outlive me.

You can make a closed members only fb group. Just like this one is. FB is not the horrible thing you guys portray

That is correct larry. However, I just prefer the traditional forum style. I guess it is just me getting old and not wanting to keep up with the changes. The other thing is that I just plain don't trust FB.

That is correct larry. However, I just prefer the traditional forum style. I guess it is just me getting old and not wanting to keep up with the changes. The other thing is that I just plain don't trust FB.

I agree Bruce, I don't trust any of the social media. I don't belong to any of them. The things I've heard from friends who partake in them FB is the worst. I belong to a couple of other forums but I seldom go on them anymore just too much bickering and put downs, don't need it.
This forum is far and away the most friendly and helpful one I've ever been on, must be because there are a lot of grown up old farts like me on here.:cool:

I agree Bruce, I don't trust any of the social media. I don't belong to any of them. The things I've heard from friends who partake in them FB is the worst. I belong to a couple of other forums but I seldom go on them anymore just too much bickering and put downs, don't need it.
This forum is far and away the most friendly and helpful one I've ever been on, must be because there are a lot of grown up old farts like me on here.:cool:

You've got that right, if "grown up old farts" also include women. lol

Back