It Is Alive!

Yep sure is. Going through some of that now with a PC I just bought. Threw in the towel. Doing a complete "reset" as I type on this one

Good luck larry, my guess is that new computer will occupy the next 5 days of your life, just to get it reasonably in order. And that is if everything goes well.

Actually it went through slicker than snot on a door knob. I went on EBay and bought a new Widows 10 license for it. Cost me under $3.00 delivered to my inbox. I used the "reset this PC" function and chose to remove everything. About an hour later it as running with fully updated Win10, all drivers in place, and fully matching my other computer thanks to the MS account login. I then went on the start menu. There was a choice for MS Office. try it free or use your own lic for it. I put in my lic code, it downloaded and installed perfectly. And thanks to OneDrive all my documents and everything was in place. Only thing I need to do is set up MS Outlook, though I may not even bother with that. Since having to switch to an Android phone I am giving up on MS and going with Google/Android for all that part of my life (Calendar, Contacts, and such) as everything links perfectly back to my phone and Samsung Gear watch. I just wish there was a desktop client app for google that worked on Windows

Back