Frat House Recovery

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
I picked up this 310 front control yesterday from a frat house at a nearby unnamed university that as
a MIZZOU fan I would not be caught dead at unless picking up a nice grill cheap. :)

The kid that sold it to me was a major stoner. If I had to guess he was probably an eighth-year senior.
He had dreads halfway down his back, empty gauge holes in his ears the size of quarters and lots of ink.
He looked kind of like Reginald Arvizu from KORN if we have any metal fans here. It was
quite easy to see he spent all of his time getting high, playing video games and hanging with his other
stoner buds. He knew nothing about the grill other than the original owner had graduated a 2017 and
said he could have it. He never bothered to even try to use it and wanted it gone for a few extra bucks.

PUStX3Sl.jpg

E4S6I3el.jpg

xJHZ2E5l.jpg

It is missing 2 knobs. Never had the blue tape removed, and looks to have be used a while without the
grease catcher. All minor stuff. More concerning though, ALL OF THE VALVES SPIN FREELY. There is
no on or off. They are completely stripped out. I have never seen this happen once, let alone on everyone.
I am thinking I will need to pony up and spend a fair amout of $$$ for a new valves. Has anyone had this
issue to deal with before? How do you even strip out a valve? The two stems without knobs are in place,
and not bent at all. The other with the knob completely pulls out when you try to remove the knob.
Looking for any suggestions anyone may have. Otherwise I will order 3 new valves.

Probably could have tossed a blunt on the ground for it. I might have a manifold available. I will check later and report back if I do. Dave, you got my other manifold and extra burner.

Back