Soon to be... (fresh steak picture)

MikeB

TVWBB Fan
mmmmm, rib-eye for me...
One for tonight, one for tomorrow, and the others as the work schedule allows :)

Looks good. So tell us how you will be cooking them.

I think in the future, I want to cook both sides and then turn off the middle burner to finish cooking. Sometimes I get flareups and I think this will prevent it.

Hi Bill.
These pics aren't of the steaks above, but I'll cook the same way.
I'm using the Blackstone as I still haven't gotten the gas line run to the Genesis since I moved.
Sear - flip - sear, then rack and cover to finish temp.

Nice-looking ribeye steaks and great pics; enjoy those! Is this your most recent post since my join date in 2016? Share your goodness with us!

Interesting. So the rack and cover technique is to elevate the meat so it cooks more slowly? Is it like roasting the meat to finish temperature?

Interesting. So the rack and cover technique is to elevate the meat so it cooks more slowly? Is it like roasting the meat to finish temperature?
More or less, yes. I raise the meat off the griddle to stop the searing and not burn the surface to a crisp while it raises the internal temp to my finish point. I do the same with the griddle on my Genesis with only the hood closed- just the rack, no dome cover. This Blackstone doesn't have the hood, so the dome does the trick. :)

Nice-looking ribeye steaks and great pics; enjoy those! Is this your most recent post since my join date in 2016? Share your goodness with us!
I've been in and out a few times recently, not here as much as I'd like. Between moving and work I haven't had much cook time. :(

Back