Cleaning Genesis warming rack issue

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
I've started the degrunge on the grill parts. I've got a handle on cleaning the stainless steel grates and I've got the cleaning tool (chargon) so that is going to happen easily. My biggest question is the warming rack which doesn't look like it was ever removed for any cook in the last 12 years! I think it probably is in pretty good shape underneath all the caked on stuff. Any thoughts on cleaning the warming rack? My original post in the gas grill section doesn't seem to display new posts. Worked before the forum crashes, but now doesn't.

This is for a 2007 Blue Genesis EP-310 LP converted to NG

I would just use some oven cleaner and house hold steel wool. If that doesn't work, then just chuck it or replace it. I find them to usually be in the way, although the E series ones are raised and that helps a lot.

I'm not sure about the newer genesis but the older warning racks are cheap chrome plated steel. They really only last a few years unlike stainless rod grates that last decades.

I agree with Bruce on how to clean them.

I DO use the warming rack on my genesis 1000 and A. I find them useful to warm burger buns and also to hold meat or veggies that hard done but just need to be kept warm while the rest of what I'm cooking gets finished.

I do wish there was an after market source for a quality stainless version of these racks.

Greg, I don’t know what model you have but look up the Weber part number for the plated steel one and search the net. I have seen a SS one somewhere but do not remember for which model. Worth a try. 😀

Greg M: I'm still using my original from 2007. Isn't shiny anymore since I smoke as well as grill. Only thing I use it for is to get baked potatoes (middle burner off @ 350) up off the grill surface when I fire all burners up to grill the steaks! Once cleaned up, this one will go into reserve for down the road.

Greg, yes...River's Edge does make one for the 1000/Silver B

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00XWBDGYG/tvwb-20

I have it and like it but it does get in the way...then I found this one and purchased it...

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07FNBFYWY/tvwb-20

So far I'm liking it because it's a raised rack and does not get in the way, only gripe I have with it is that it fits really snug on the 1000 but that's about it. I'm not sure what kind of stainless steel it's made from but it should last longer than the OEM one.

Last edited:
Sam, I like the raised one. Doubtful they will have them in stock before I visit the in-laws in the US in August. Shipping to Canada is prohibitive.

The ones from rivers edge look really nice if a bit pricey. I'll probably order those at some point. Thanks.

Back