Best griddle for Weber genesis 300?

PatrickP

Looking for a griddle to use with my werner genesis but finding mix reviews. Anyone have good luck with one in particular?

Well, I would start by searching for "Weber" instead of "Werner". LOL. Just kidding. But, i know Lodge brand is a well respected maker for grill griddles.

Depends on how big you want it but I've been using a 12" Lodge for pretty much forever. I cover the handles with foil for easier cleanup. Holding the heat is both a pro and a con, down side is you have to let it sit for a good while before you can clean it.

P12SG3_N.jpg

If you're thinking removable cast iron, go to the lodge site and see which size will work for you.

@MikeB, that's a nice griddle setup you have. What a contrast between the first and the remaining pictures. Was the first one taken when it was brand new?

I've heard that sliders are best on a griddle. Is that the truth?

BobJ, I do like your idea of just using a cast iron griddle which is cheaper. It's a good way to make sure this is what you want to do before buying a larger unit like Mike's.

In my opinion you just can't beat Lodge cast iron for cookware including griddles.

When properly seasoned it's much more non stick than stainless. Which makes cleanup easier. And If cared for properly it lasts forever. Only downside is you have to keep it dry between cooks.

I have the Weber griddle that I bought 2nd hand (it was like-new when I bought it)

qRjjrAEl.jpg

It was sold as an accessory to the Spirit 300 series, but they fit Genesis 1-5000 series and Silver/Gold also.

Back