Cheeseburgers and New Fries

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Fired up a grill for Cheeseburgers the other night. I'd seen Mr. C's post recently about Super Crispy Shoestring Fries and miraculously found them in a local market. Cooked a half bag of them on the grill along with the burgers. Here goes.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Screwed the plate shot up. Agree with Bob's assessment of the fries. They were outstanding and indeed very crispy. My wife absolutely loved them. Well, that's it. Thanks for looking everyone.

Man that burger looks awesome and I like the fries. Will be looking for them at Safeway. Thanks for sharing that great meal with us.

Cliff, I'm sorry, I guess I just don't know how things work here yet. You post pictures of your burgers, no recipe, and you don't say how they tasted. Yet everyone comments on them. Last night DH made a recipe called "Cola Burgers". They looked great. But neither one of us thought they were that good. What am I missing here? Is it just looks that matter? Help please!!!!

Well Joan, it is the Photo Gallery. On a very simple cook like this, where there is no "recipe", I prefer to just post the pictures and let others judge for themselves. I probably wouldn't have posted this cook if it weren't for the french fries, which were highly recommended by another member. I did mention that I agreed with his assessment and we both really enjoyed them.

Well Joan, it is the Photo Gallery. On a very simple cook like this, where there is no "recipe", I prefer to just post the pictures and let others judge for themselves. I probably wouldn't have posted this cook if it weren't for the french fries, which were highly recommended by another member. I did mention that I agreed with his assessment and we both really enjoyed them.
Thanks for the reply, Cliff. I guess that does make sense.

P.S. They are right, they do look great. DH has been drooling over them. lol

Last edited:
Burgers and fries look fantabulous, Cliff! Love the grill marks you get with your Grill Grates. I will be on the look out for those fries as well. Excellent photos!

Are the grill grates sitting on top of the existing Weber grates? So the idea of them is to prevent flare ups?

Are the grill grates sitting on top of the existing Weber grates? So the idea of them is to prevent flare ups?

Yes, they are. Helping with flare ups is one of their selling points. Also, captured juices sizzle in the valleys and supposedly help flavor and moisturize the meat. Frankly, I just enjoy cooking on them. Keep the rails lightly oiled and hot and there is virtually no sticking. They make terrific grill marks too. Fish fillets do extremely well on these grates.

Back