This Old Grill...Pre-Production Pilot Trailer

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well, you have to start somewhere, so here is my Apple iMovie trailer for my dreamed of YouTube video series:

THIS OLD GRILL

I have zero experience with this stuff, but decided I could at least try. I admit this trailer is pretty lame since I have so little video footage to work with. But I will be working on that. My planned Pilot Episode will be the Stainless Rod Grate Showdown.

Here's my first YouTube post of the pre-production trailer/teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajtz99mX6UY&feature=youtu.be

Well, you have to start somewhere, so here is my Apple iMovie trailer for my dreamed of YouTube video series:

THIS OLD GRILL

I have zero experience with this stuff, but decided I could at least try. I admit this trailer is pretty lame since I have so little video footage to work with. But I will be working on that. My planned Pilot Episode will be the Stainless Rod Grate Showdown.

And the Oscar goes to! This Old Grill Productions!

Awesome Jon! I bet you already thought of this, but how cool would it be to show some "before and after" shots of those rusty, dirty "before" grills, then right after that show shots of your restoration work? I think that would be so awesome!

THIS OLD GRILL

Great job hope this old house does not sue you. :)

Jon, did I just miss the shot of "grill grates" or were you derelict in that little montage?

Great job hope this old house does not sue you. :)

I suppose they could object but I really don’t see how they can own the phrase “this old” anymore than Apple can prevent other companies from coming out with “i” this and that. Hopefully, if they did notice, they would see it as having been favorably inspired by the PBS show.

Jon, did I just miss the shot of "grill grates" or were you derelict in that little montage?

Well, I just decided to DO something! I never made one of these before, so it was what I could throw together in an hour and a half. I hope to shoot more video next week or so and do another trailer specifically about the Stainless Grate Showdown and finally get that done as a first episode.

GrillGrates will, I am sure, will show up somewhere along the line;)!

Awesome Jon! I bet you already thought of this, but how cool would it be to show some "before and after" shots of those rusty, dirty "before" grills, then right after that show shots of your restoration work? I think that would be so awesome!

Yes, I need to get a lot more pictures and videos shot. Then learn more about doing this stuff keeping suggestions like yours in mind. It has a lot of fun possibilities, and I don’t think anyone is currently doing much on YouTube with old grills and restoration. Mostly BBQ cooking how to’s which I certainly enjoy but won’t be competing with.

The music sounds like something out of a movie about the Holocaust :D

Yeah, Larry, it is the canned Apple Music for the Narrative version pre-programmed trailer creator on iMovie. It is a little heavy to be sure. I am looking for royalty free music - something lighter - for my actual videos.

Jon:
Best of luck on the videos! The trailer looks professionally done. Fingers crossed on the blue Genesis EP-310 which I get to check out Thursday. I'll know then what year it is just by looking how the manifold mounts on the frame! Hoping to disassemble and bring that sucker home for parts storage and of course convert mine from black to blue. Will be very interested when you get to grill grates....mine are still in the box.

Back