The best frozen fries we've ever had

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
We had these at our son's a while back and thought they were great.
I picked up a bag for last night's burger cook, burgers on the grill, fries in the oven.
If you like crispy shoestring type fries, I say give these a try, if you can find them.
Lamb Weston Super Crispy Shoestring Fries

super-crispy-shoestring-fries.jpg

Last edited:
One "trick" I've started doing is microwave them on a plate for 3-4 minutes, & then into the oven or toaster oven for another ~8-12. I've just done that a few times & they seem to turn out better & faster.

We have also been buying those recently. They are much better than the other name-brand frozen fries.

Our Kroger doesn't have the shoestring but they carry the Crinkle Cut so that's what I got.
I nuked them for a couple of minutes and then put them on a pizza screen. Around 8 minutes on the gasser and they were good! Momma wants to try the steak fries next.

Bought a bag of the steak fries to go with some kettle fried chicken for dinner.
I'd like to do them on the grill, but it's so darn hot here today I don't want to have to tend to anything but the bird.
I'll report back on the results.

Bob, our Safeway has the regular but not the shoestring so I got the regular fries and we tried them with our Brisket French dip. The fries were excellent so we were going past Safeway and stopped in to get another bag while they were on sale. Noticed that they had shredded hash browns. Picked up a bag of those to try.
If it's okay with you I'll post on here when we try them and how they were, most likely tomorrow.

Please do Rich.
I want to try their hash browns too.
Glad you like them. Had the crinkle cuts at our son's, they were really crispy and good too.

Last edited:
I picked up the Lamb Weston Shoestring, and Hand Cut, today.

Never had this brand before.

Will post after I've tried them.

After trying the Lamb Weston French fries which we really liked we noticed they had wide cut hash browns, so we decided to give those a try.
A couple of fried eggs some homemade bacon and the hash browns, a super good breakfast. The hash browns were as good as the fries, much better than any other frozen hash browns we’ve ever had.

48323705237_0655c13c63_z.jpg
[/url]100_5096 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

48323704957_a54a779dc2_z.jpg
[/url]100_5098 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks for the update Rich. I'll have to try those too.
We had their super crispy steak cut fries, they were great too.

I've tried these before, they are good. This thread prompted me to buy another bag of the shoestring fries.

But the frozen fry that I recently tried and really liked and thought was a very close imitation of the real thing is:

Arby's Seasoned Curly Fries

They seem to contain a lot of oil, which really fries them while heating in the oven.

Where do you find those? What stores / online sites?

It says it's unavailable right now on Amazon.com.

I had the crinkle style fries when you posted this, I've since gone through ~3 bags of these & they turn out incredible from the air fryer. I assume they'd turn out well in the oven, especially on a wire rack.

I made chili cheese fries a few times this week with these....today included.

I got a bag of the Checkers / Rallys fries the other day & they're probably my new favorite. I saw the Arbys curly fries, I'll try them next.

~16 min @ 400F in the air fryer for almost half a bag, which is almost a full dinner plate

Back