Weber Brand Charcoal - Excellent and discontinued?

D Mac STL

What happened to Weber Brand Charcoal? Its gone from Home Depot and Lowe's. Was it a one year deal? Is it officially discontinued? Where can I get some?

Last edited:
I see it listed at Ace, CampingWorld.com, Scheels and some others

https://www.google.com/search?ei=8o...6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.rOjQJ9k3Sz8

I don't think it is discontinued, but I bet Bob is correct that it was too pricey to sell fast enough for the big box stores to carry it. Probably won't see any big sales from now on. That's too bad because I think a lot of us really like it. It has been my personal choice for kettle grill low and slow BBQ.

I'd like to try it but @ $22 a bag at the local Ace I'll need to think about it.

It is my favorite for low and slow. I am about out, so I guess I will either use my Discover points to get an Ace gift card or find a second choice for Kettle bbqing.

As I posted previously, Kingsford Professional does wonders for my CharQ and would be a good choice for any high heat grilling.

Not discontinued, just not sold anymore at HD or Lowe's (probably because of the retail price). Ace and other smaller hardware/outdoor stores still sell them. I was able to get about 20 bags from them during the clearance so I'm set for awhile.

Back