Spiral-Sliced Hot Dogs for Independence Day

Plenty of room for condiments! Guess they'd absorb a little more smoke flavor too, if any was present.

Looks like a great way to get the condiments to stay put. Going to try that with my next chili dogs, maybe I'll walk away with a clean shirt :rolleyes:

You inspired me, Chris. I saw this yesterday morning and the kids and I had spiral dogs for lunch.

They used to make hot dog cutters, not spiral though.
There are several spiral cutters on Amazon.

Rare-Vintage-Kurly-Dog-Cutter-New.jpg

Last edited:
They used to make hot dog cutters, not spiral though.
There are several spiral cutters on Amazon.

Wow, that's neat, Bob. Thanks for sharing that.

When I was a kid, my Mom would make these bacon-cheese stuffed hot dogs occasionally. You made a slit in the hot dog lengthwise. Stuffed the slit with some american cheese. Then wrapped the entire cheese dog with 1-2 strips of bacon. Baked it in the toaster oven until the bacon is done. Mmmm good. Haven't had one of those in many years.

Chris;
That is a great and instructive video. It's been a while since I grilled some spiral cut dogs. A couple of my kids and families are going to be here next week and I believe I might have to serve some spiral cut dogs at that time.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Chris, those look awesome and yes Rich or I will be trying them soon. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

I did this Friday night when it was just me and my 9 yo daughter, thinking she'd love it. She did, to look at, but then said that each bite "felt" different, and asked me not to do it again in the future. Kids... Personally, I found that the chili sauce stayed in place better with the spirals and I loved it, thanks.

Back