Grilled Margarita

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
R. RAY - This might be too late for tomorrow, but maybe you could use this for your next big gathering. It sure sounds good.

Grilled Margarita
Serves 12

1 1/4 cup honey
15 lemons-12 halved, 2 cut into 6 wheels each, and 1 left whole
1 bottle (750 milliliters) reposado tequila, chilled

In a small saucepan, heat the honey and 1/2 cup water over medium , stirring just until the honey dissolves. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for about 30 minutes.

Heat a grill or a dry skillet to med-high. Working in batches if needed, place the cut sides of the lemon halves on the hot grill or skillet. Cook until the flesh is browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool to room temperature. Grill 1 side of each lemon wheel until the flesh is browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to another plate. Juice the lemon halves into a large liquid measuring cup. Halve and juice the remaining whole lemon into the measuring cup. Pour 1 1/2 cups plus 2 TB of the juice into a large pitcher. Stir in the tequila and the honey syrup. (If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)

Stir the cocktail. Fill the pitcher with ice and stir until the outside of the pitcher is cold. Pour into glasses filled with ice. Top each drink with a pinch of salt. Top with a lemon wheel, grilled-side up.

Source: Rachael Ray Everyday mag. June 2019

Lemon? Excuse me but I think not. Lime goes in a margarita. ;)
Your right Len, most of my margarita recipes call for lime, one, lime or lemon and one says lime AND lemon. So, change it up and go for it, you never know, it might taste good!! lol

Back