The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What temperature do people cook their pork ribs to?

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    Good recommendations posted, but the OP says he cooked "St Louis pork loin ribs"
    St Louis style ribs are spare ribs, so first it needs to be clarified the type of ribs cooked to give suggestions, in my opinion.
    Wow, I complete skimmed over that. Good catch.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow ĎN Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    Good recommendations posted, but the OP says he cooked "St Louis pork loin ribs"
    St Louis style ribs are spare ribs, so first it needs to be clarified the type of ribs cooked to give suggestions, in my opinion.
    They were spare ribs but longer and fatter than your typical baby back style. Iíll have to take a picture the next time I get them.

Today, I plan to be cooking beef short ribs.

TVWBB Member Chris in Central Ohio's Avatar
    I dont temp either. Baby backs go for 3 hours @250, then I foil wrap w/pineapple juice and return for 2 more hours*. Sauce, and finish on a hot grill to caramelize/char.

*This is for fall off the bone, which I love. Some, and most competitive pit masters, like a little chew/tug off the bone, for that level, decrease the wrap time.
    Last edited by Chris in Central Ohio; 07-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Weber Genesis E-330 Weber 22" Performer w/gas assist Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain Weber Smokey Joe

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I've had a tendency in the past to undercook spare ribs. When I was using a maverick, the probes were kind of thick. The same with the Igrill. Once I got the Smoke with the thinner tip I found I could get a meaningful temp with my leave in probe. My ribs have gotten so much better. I probably wouldn't need it if I cooked them more often. My wife just didn't like them. Probably because I wasn't cooking them long enough!

TVWBB Pro
    Uggh, yes. Undercooked ribs are the worse. I used to get them all the time on my gas Weber because I didn%u2019t know that you had to cook them low and slow.

My ThermoPro probes are not as thin as Thermoworks but they do seem thin enough to work. I still double check with the thermopen.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Uggh, yes. Undercooked ribs are the worse. I used to get them all the time on my gas Weber because I didnít know that you had to cook them low and slow.

My ThermoPro probes are not as thin as Thermoworks but they do seem thin enough to work. I still double check with the thermopen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12