Tejas Smokers Natural Gas Camp Stove

BillSmith

TVWBB Pro
Just got myself a new toy. This is a two burner natural gas camp stove cart. Has two 40K BTU burners, with extension tables, wind guard, cover, and wok ring. I’ve always wanted some way to do stir frying outside.

It was a joy to use. No smoke, steam, smells in the house. I don’t have a range hood so this kind of cooking stinks up the house.

Paid around $630 for everything. A bit pricey but hopefully it lasts a long time. It’s hard to find options like this if you want to stick with natural gas.

zonFyIP.jpg

A way better option than propane. Looks good :)

Thanks. Having gas line put in for my grill was the best thing I ever did. I used to fill 4-5 20lb propane tanks every summer. Gets old.

I'm trying to make this deck area be my summer kitchen. Besides the camp stove, I have a S320 and 1300LX. One is my primary griller. The other is my oven and rotisserie.

The only thing I need are some nice outdoor cabinets to store stuff. I still need to run electrical to the deck but am waiting for the permit to be signed off.

For a deck, consider a roof (or a party shelter--like a canopy) depending on sun. Our house shelters us from afternoon sun but not all are so lucky).

Nice toy! Looks like you have composite decking? or some really nicely stained wood?
Either or put a matt down, those grease stains are a pita to clean.

Tim

Looks good. I have been eyeballing one of their dual burner setups too. Looks like you got one that's built on a cart with wheels. I was looking at one of the cook stands that just has the 4 leg extensions. Id probably go low pressure propane since I don't have NG. I don't really want HP propane because id like to eventually get one of their griddle cook tops to set on it. Id think the HP propane cup style burners would make for small concentrated hot spots where the LP versions have larger diameter burners to spread the flame out. They also seem like they would do better at a lower setting.

Ever since we put the ng line in for my gasser , have not burned anything. Prior with propane it was a toss up how the meat would turn out.

Propane burns hotter than ng is why.

Nice toy! Looks like you have composite decking? or some really nicely stained wood?
Either or put a matt down, those grease stains are a pita to clean.

I have composite decking. So I should get a mat? I do remember my old deck at the previous house had Trex composite decking that was really comfortable but porous. I had grease stains there. This decking seems non-porous. I have 2 grills and this camp stove. I would hate to have to buy 3 mats.

Looks good. I have been eyeballing one of their dual burner setups too. Looks like you got one that's built on a cart with wheels. I was looking at one of the cook stands that just has the 4 leg extensions. Id probably go low pressure propane since I don't have NG. I don't really want HP propane because id like to eventually get one of their griddle cook tops to set on it. Id think the HP propane cup style burners would make for small concentrated hot spots where the LP versions have larger diameter burners to spread the flame out. They also seem like they would do better at a lower setting.

Yup, I got the wheels. I was going to do the one with the legs but decided to shell out the extra money for the wheels. But if you're sticking with propane, you have lots of options for a camp stove. Very few vendors do natural gas. I was thinking of getting a cook top as well. One thing about Tejas is that they really pack their products well for shipping I could not believe the amount of cardboard packing, paper, and plastics they used.

Ever since we put the ng line in for my gasser , have not burned anything. Prior with propane it was a toss up how the meat would turn out.

Propane burns hotter than ng is why.

With my Weber grills, I have not noticed a difference between gas & propane. With NG, they have a bigger orifice to compensate for the lower BTUs. The best thing is not worrying about tank refills. Now I have two grills and the camp stove on my deck but only 2 outlets. I have to switch the connection between the camp stove & the second grill. PITA. Need to add another quick connect so I can leave them all connected. The swapping is a pain because you have to purge the line of air after making the switch.

Which wok ring is that. The 11x2 or 9x3

11x2 wok ring. I asked them about this on the phone. If I remember correctly, you should get the smaller size if you have an high output LP burner. I think that's what the guy said but I would confirm.

Back