Hello from Western Massachusetts

JBail

Hello, Name is Jeff from MA. Recently introduced into smoking after visiting a smoke house nearby and was amazed with the food (not to many nice BBQ joints around).
I wanted to mess around but of course I didn't want to invest too much money but I also didn't want to fight everything. Ended up purchasing a Char-broil H2O water smoker and modified it... alot

https://imgur.com/a/AHUiA8s

Still a work in process.

Created a whole new bottom end out of 16ga steel with bigger charcoal basket. Just got a heatmeter last night and using cheapo walmart probes until I save some pennies. Just trying to see if I can control the thing.
Future mods will include a new door or WSM depending how much I BBQ. Sure I'll be diving deeper into the HM settings.

Thanks!

Welcome Jeff from another W Ma smoke rookie. Was just thinking the other day that we have 2 smokehouses in Southwick now, just a few years ago there were none. Both are lakeside, more or less, which means they'll do great for 2 or 3 months a year.

Welcome aboard Jeff. Your first smoker is a lot prettier than my first one. That's some good work on your mod.

Welcome Jeff from another W Ma smoke rookie. Was just thinking the other day that we have 2 smokehouses in Southwick now, just a few years ago there were none. Both are lakeside, more or less, which means they'll do great for 2 or 3 months a year.

Even though I grew up in Holyoke and live in West Springfield, I've never been to Lake congamond. Thanks!

Welcome Jeff, very nice smoker you did. We have some great cooks and always willing the answer questions when you need help. Just enjoy and looking forward to seeing some cooks.

Back