10 years here

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I just noticed my TVWB forum join date.
My 10 years here has upped my outdoor cooking skills much more than tenfold.
A big thanks to Chris Allingham and past and present members for making it possible.
You guys and gals are the best!

Bob, Happy Anniversary !!!!!!!!! (pssssst, you forgot a B)

Last edited:
I've only been here 8 years and I too have upped my game dramatically because of the nice folks here and, of course, the experience shared by our host. After all these years this still remains a friendly place to hang out.

Congratulations Bob on your ten year anniversary. In the six years this month for me and five years for Barb in May. I have to say as others have said we have learned a lot and have become much better grillers and smokers due to the ideas and methods you and others have shared. There is so much knowledge that has been shared through out the forum, it's remarkable.

I like that we can all take, and give advice, no matter how many years we've been here.
Kudos on 10 and many more!

Tim

Congratulations Bob on an Excellent 10 years ! You and others were a big help when I joined. Thanks, my friend !

Congratulations Bob on an Excellent 10 years ! You and others were a big help when I joined. Thanks, my friend !

Me too - I wonder how many times I've visited the big bacon thread, or the Jerky. The jerky recipe is at least reviewed each time before I've made jerky over the last 3-4 years, since I first tried (small variances)

I just got my one year anniversary here a couple months ago. I joined because I was saving up for a high end gas grill. The likes of Larry's Wolf, or something like that. Started reading about the old Genesis grills and soon fond myself stuffing a Gen, 2000 Redhead in the back of my tiny car. I gained a wealth of knowledge in a short time. And I also turned into a small Horder thanks to the rehabbing threads in the gas grill section.

On a side note. This place sucked me in because of how generous the members are with their time knowledge and anything else you need.

Does everyone realize how wonderful it is for a new person to join ask a question and get an answer and-or a polite Link to the answers they seek. That's one of the reasons I, and I'm sure many others stuck around. I can't tell you how off-putting it is to come to a new place, ask something, and get the response "You know this place has a search function right.". I don't think I have ever seen that here, and hope that I never do.

Thank you to everyone that makes this place awesome.

Back