bluetooth temp probe

David-B

TVWBB Super Fan
anyone using a Bluetooth temp probe with a smartphone app? I already have a wireless probe but wanted to monitor meat-pit temps on my phone.

I've tried.... and ended up with a full WiFi smoker controller. Bluetooth range tends to be short, especially Bluetooth LE. That's done for longer battery life. Depending on your house construction, you may not even be able to make a connection to your transmitter.

I've tried.... and ended up with a full WiFi smoker controller. Bluetooth range tends to be short, especially Bluetooth LE. That's done for longer battery life. Depending on your house construction, you may not even be able to make a connection to your transmitter.

thanks, I will be checking that option out as well just for temp monitoring. Thought it would be cool to find a system that allows logging temps once an hour to keep track of the cook all from a smartphone

What probe do you have? I ended up going with the Thermoworks Smoke because I know they have the add on connector to run it over wifi if I feel fancy in the future.

What probe do you have? I ended up going with the Thermoworks Smoke because I know they have the add on connector to run it over wifi if I feel fancy in the future.

Are you asking me? HeaterMeter, wallwart powered. A small UPS battery should also be sufficient to run one for quite a few hours, even with a fan & damper assembly.

Just bought a inkbird 6 probe Bluetooth ,150' range, it will log a graph for each probe but you will have to screen shoot it to save. it seems very accurate . got a coupon for 50% of so $25 plus shipping was a great price imo. it uses a app called BBQGO

I have the Weber iGrill 2 with Bluetooth. I like it, as well as the app, quite a bit. But I do wish the range was a bit better. I can go inside the house to the room(s) on the same side of the house as the grill, but not really any farther. I can sort of stretch that a bit; if I leave my phone in range of the thermometer while I roam the house, I can get thermometer notifications on my watch.

Back