Beer Can Chicken using the Weber Poultry Roaster.

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
I made this the other day, and it came out great.
enhance

I used Weber's beer can chicken rub inside the skin and that's it.
Used Kingsford Blue bag, and Pecan wood chips.
The poultry roaster is a lot better than the wire holders I was using. It's much more stable and will not fall over.
Plus it uses less beer, so I have more leftover to start my happy time with. LOL

I used Weber's beer can chicken rub inside the skin and that's it.

Very nice! What do you mean inside the skin? I can understand doing it in the breast area where you can lift up the skin but what about the wings/legs/etc. Do you really put the rub under the skin?

I loosen the skin then put butter mixed with rub or herbs.

I also have taken a large carving fork and poked holes in the chicken followed by loose skin then flavored butter so the butter can get into the meat.

Mark

Nice video (very informative) and a good tip on flipping the top grate over ( never thought of that!)
The thing about this forum ( which I love) is you always learn something new everyday!

Tim

Very nice! What do you mean inside the skin? I can understand doing it in the breast area where you can lift up the skin but what about the wings/legs/etc. Do you really put the rub under the skin?

I didn't do anything to the wings and leg quarters. I just seasoned the breast. I wanted to make a video on how I do my soup, but had to work instead. I do use the skin of the leg quarters cut very Very VERY small and put into the soup. That's how I get great smoke flavor and add a little fat for flavor.

I loosen the skin then put butter mixed with rub or herbs.

I also have taken a large carving fork and poked holes in the chicken followed by loose skin then flavored butter so the butter can get into the meat.

Mark

I like using butter seasonings and sliced oranges in the breast when I'm not making soup or pot pies out of the chicken. I think the orange tastes a lot better than lemons.

Jepprey-P
Timothy

Thanks for the kind words.
I've learned so much from everyone on this forum.

I’ve never been terribly impressed with beer can chicken to be honest but, this video makes me want to try the roaster tool, I agree it’s the stability that makes it worth trying.

I’ve never been terribly impressed with beer can chicken to be honest but, this video makes me want to try the roaster tool, I agree it’s the stability that makes it worth trying.

It's a nice way to grill chicken. Not only is it cool as heck, but it's so darn easy with that roaster.
I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get one.

Back