Pork with Tropical Sauce

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
BH&G-Posted this on the odds and end thread, decided to post here also, it was too good for pork lovers to miss. "DH did make the pork chops last night. They turned out to be pretty good. He made a couple of changes tho, will have to make again to see what it was suppose to really taste like. lol He used fresh mango* and guava fruit spread.* Almost forgot, he cubed the pork and put them on a skewer with onions and grilled them. (best part lol)"

Pork With Tropical Sauce

4 boneless pork top loin chops, cut 1" thick
salt and ground black pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup snipped assorted dried tropical fruit *
1/2 cup orange juice
1 TB. cider vinegar
2 TB. pineapple preserves *

Preheat broiler. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Brush chops with oil. In a bowl, stir together curry, ginger and cinnamon. Remove and set aside 1 tsp. of the spice mixture. Rub remaining mixture over both sides of chops.

Place chops on an unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4" from heat for 9 to 11 minutes, turning once, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chops reads 160F.

Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, stir together fruit, orange juice, vinegar, and reserved spice mixture. Bring to boiling. Stir in preserves. Remove from heat and let stand, covered 5 minutes. Serve sauce over pork. Makes 4 servings

Source: Better Homes and Garden - Jan. 2006

Last edited:
Looks good. I like the idea of using cubed pork on a skewer. Haven’t heard of pineapple preserves before. I wonder if that is something I can find in the store?

Looks good. I like the idea of using cubed pork on a skewer. Haven’t heard of pineapple preserves before. I wonder if that is something I can find in the store?

Hi Bill, I checked for you. Amazon has Smucker's brand 12 oz for $2.20 OR add it to your list of things to buy at Publix when you visit your parents. I love it just plain on toast. I was really bummed out that we ran out when DH made this recipe. But, the guava made a good sub. for me. lol

Back