Grill cover

Keoni

I apologize for being new and needing help right away but I just bought a beautiful early 2000’s Weber Genesis Gold C. Age or cleaners have worn away the serial number but it’s the model that was made from 2001 to 2004. It appears to of been stored indoors, it’s pretty nice shape I’d like to keep it that way but I don’t have a place to store it indoor and I’m having a difficult time finding the right cover. Amazon search leads me to believe it’s a Weber cover #7552 I need. Searching these forums leads me to believe I need the no longer available Weber cover #9859.

My issue is that my grill is 72 inches long and 25 inches front to back. Neither of those covers according to what the Internet tells me are 72 inches long. Can someone here tell me which cover I actually need? Is my grill an oddity at 72 inches long? It appears exactly like the ones I see in the pictures. I’m not worried about cost I’ll gladly pay for the best cover that will protect my beautiful grill.

Last edited:
I’ve got the green one in that top picture with the condiment rack in front but my side burner looks like the blue one in the second picture

Thanks for the links they look like decent covers and I have considered that and might just have to go that way but I was hoping to be sort of like a Weber Snob now and redo it with all original Weber parts. Lol

I went with this one https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00LHP9RCE/tvwb-20

No idea why it comes up as unavailable, I just got one yesterday.

The cover is 70x26x45, almost exactly what my grill measures, 70x24x44. In reality, it could be 65" or 66" going by the fit of this one. It also is a couple inches too long. I figured I could cut it to make it shorter but haven't gotten that far. Being a center fire box cover doesn't seem to make much difference. Not great but it works. The vents are a few inches above ground level, which is kind of strange.

qXdNoqw.jpg

Thanks y’all. I was scratching my head. I appreciate the cover advice and at least I have a model number for the grill cover. I’ll get a cover to fit until/if I can find that rare cover.

BobJ I saw how you were saying your grill is 70”. I went right out afterwards and remeasured mine but I still come up with 72”. I then looked to see if if the frame was bent in any way but it’s not. It’s almost as pretty as yours. If that cover is a little long for yours it might fit mine perfect. I’ll order one up and see.

Back