Free 18" Weber WSM

BWalker

TVWBB Member
Hey folks. This is a bit of a flyer, but my wife and I moved to Alexandria, VA last year and I am looking to upgrade to the Summit Charcoal. Before I can do that, I need to get rid of my very beloved 18" WSM. It is in need of a good thorough cleaning (interior) as it has been on our patio under cover for the last several months. I burned some mold out of it (hard to avoid when outside in elements, even with cover), but a good scrubbing with steel wool or something is overdue.

I don't want to simply throw this away and I'm not looking to make any money. Ideally I'd like it to go to someone looking to learn to smoke as it was my first dedicated smoker and I have smoked countless pork butts/ribs/chickens/tri tips on it. If you are interested or know of anyone who may be in the area, please let me know. Thanks!

Weber cover included (obviously)

Yes, very generous of you. I got my free 18" WSM last year from someone on LetGo. It was in great condition and I learned that it's 30 years old!

What a kind gesture! But your approach is foreign to me; I say "Babe, I'm going to snag a Summit Charcoal and then I'll unload the WSM."

What a kind gesture! But your approach is foreign to me; I say "Babe, I'm going to snag a Summit Charcoal and then I'll unload the WSM."

Ha. More about the space than than anything. These old row homes don't have a ton of patio room behind them.

Interesting...no takers after hours on the site. If you lived in Atlanta, it would be gone in minutes. Great of you to offer. I hope whoever gets it really appreciates the generosity.

Hello BWalker.

Are you in Alexandria, VA or Louisville, KY right now? If Louisville, I am very interested, only an hour away and can meet at your convenience.

Interesting...no takers after hours on the site.

It wouldn't take much for me to make the trip but I have one and the OP is hopeful of helping-out someone who wants to begin smoking and I want him to have that honor.

Sorry Jeremy. I'm in Alexandria. Moved here late last year and I just forgot to change the location.

And let me know BFletcher. Still available to a good home.

Had a friend last week say "I'm gonna buy a smoker and bug you for tips". I'll check if they were serious, we're only about 2 hours from Alexandria.

Just let me know Steve. Still sitting on my patio with the cover on it.

I asked and they would like it! Problem is it’s just far enough away we can’t just make the drive impromptu. We’re trying to figure out when one of us might be able to make it down there. If someone else can make it before us, they should have it and thanks for the incredibly generous offer.

I asked and they would like it! Problem is it’s just far enough away we can’t just make the drive impromptu. We’re trying to figure out when one of us might be able to make it down there. If someone else can make it before us, they should have it and thanks for the incredibly generous offer.

No worry Steve. Just keep me posted.

B and I were able find a good home for this WSM by posting its availability on the TVWB Facebook page. Got several interested parties to respond and someone in Fredericsburg MD was the lucky recipient.

Good on you BWalker for making such a generous offer! :D

B and I were able find a good home for this WSM by posting its availability on the TVWB Facebook page. Got several interested parties to respond and someone in Fredericsburg MD was the lucky recipient.

Good on you BWalker for making such a generous offer! :D

Thanks for the help! GC picked it up this morning and promised to send pics once he gets it cleaned up and ready to go. Thanks again for all the help/responses everyone and have a great 4th!

Back