Here's a truly NICE Summit!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Here's a Summit that might be worth the somewhat high price ($500) if you really needed a big grill. The short-lived Platinum version of the 2nd generation Summit. This one looks to have been well kept by a caring owner. Stainless frame and unlike the companion Platinum Genesis, stainless cabinetry too. Only issues are a possible problem with burn-through in the front and high cost of new flavorizer bars. Otherwise this is a gem of a grill, and this one is the best of this Platinum version with all the features. The burn-through problem maybe has a solution since some have reported stainless parts up front. Maybe Weber still supports this Summit or you could get a stainless one made. The flavorizer bars are pricey but obtainable.

Not for me since I have no more room or need for it, although I think it is a great grill.

rn4Trgr.jpg

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/app/d/bradenton-weber-summit-platinum-grill/6912688625.html

Yes, I know the back and sides are all stainless and I am pretty sure the bottom is as well.

Oh, wait, here this shows that it is all stainless:

DP0czA4.jpg

Last edited:
Even if they did, why would you want to buy a very nice unit like this and strip it for the pieces

Larry, I guess just so you could put a regular fire box, manifold and burners on it and get rid of the problem fire box of the Summit and the high cost of replacing parts. Of course, you only have a 3 burner then, but a three burner with all stainless under it.

There are 2 versions of this generation. There actually is a version of it with a stainless steel panel in place of the porcelain steel one. My brother's is like that (stainless panel) and holding up well. Though FBs are really costly on this style Summit because of where the xover tubes are

Back