rcplanebuyer grates in hiding?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This ad popped up on my local Craigslist. $250 for a ho-hum Spirit, but wait...who made those grates????

Not sure they are Dave Santana/rcplanebuyer but could be. Also looks like the seller got flavorizer bars from the same source. Price is still kind of high, but it is interesting...

wkcyWTy.jpg

https://treasure.craigslist.org/for/d/port-salerno-weber-spirit-3-burner/6919483349.html

Are those the same size as Genesis grates?

Way too high of a price and too bad, as I am sure that guy is going to wind up eating a lot of what he has invested in the grill.

Yes, those are Genesis sized grates. The firebox is the same as a Silver B/C. Do you think they are from Dave / rcplanebuyer? Seems like an obvious place for seller to have purchased them.

I agree he isn't going to get that price. He should put some effort into cleaning up those grates - and the grill.

Sanding the logo and getting a black handle would make a big difference, too.

I think you are right that he got them from rcplanebuyer. This is what he said in the ad"

Upgraded Weber Grill. Thick stainless steel flavor bars were replaced as well as Stainless Steel grates. This grates were custom made by a metal fabricator and are similar to the grates you would see on high end grills. Actually thicker and of better material than weber's genesis grill grates (see link).

Back