Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of old Genesis and newer genesis sidewinder

TVWBB Fan

Comparison of old Genesis and newer genesis sidewinder

How do the two compare? The old Silver/Gold/Platinum side control(E/W) burners, to the newer Genesis (2010), side control E/W burners? Are the older ones deeper for rotisserie?. Thanks. George
    PS almost have talked son to return 2 burner char-broil, and keep his Q2200, which I cleaned(tubes/box)-works great...Someone mentioned the Q is a more maintenance grill because of lack of Flavorer Bars. His burner only worked 2/3 so I brake cleared and strong sprayed the tube and now works like a charm

The firebox depth is the same between the B, C and the newer side winder 3xx series styles. Only place the fire box is really deeper is on the old dual layer styles

TVWBB Fan
    George: I think the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My 2007 has the enclosed base which I like for hiding tools, etc. On the negatives, cabinets prone to rust and of course the battery push button igniter. If I had to replace the 2007 Genesis, I would definitely be looking at anything prior to 2011 to have the E-W burners.
    2007 E-320 NG Genesis Sidewinder

TVWBB Fan
    I have had ribs on my 2001 Silver B for quite a few hours now. I have the front burner on anywhere between medium/medium high) and the temp of the meat is stuck on approx. 150 degrees. I have tried 2 different thermopro probes and the thermapen. The burners is heating up fine...Could it be the big drip pan I have underneath the ribs that is restricting heat circulation?? Annoying!

TVWBB Super Fan
    I like both grills. I have the S320 and 1300LX. I think the S320 gets hotter quicker because there are fewer flavor bars. I also like the enclosed cabinet. But the 1300LX was my first Weber and is probably my favorite. I don't notice any difference in cooking between the two.

TVWBB Fan
    George is it windy today? What temp is the hood gauge reading? If you are keeping the lid closed, the pan shouldn't be impacting things much. Just wondering why you've got an extra pan in there. My 2007 Genesis with only the front burner a tab above low runs about 225F with an air temp of about 85F Just did some ribs low and slow the other day when we were setting a daytime temp low of 89F breaking a record going back to 1937.
    2007 E-320 NG Genesis Sidewinder

You're in the "stall" it will do this and then once it begins rising it will go quickly

TVWBB Fan
    I finally pulled it and the meat was done but it was an odd rack. There were a lot of fat pockets which I think I kept hitting. But the silver b was great. A lot of work area. I guess some people who like it higher might put it on blocks if not a whole lot of movement is needed. BTW I posted in grilling section but donít know how many go there. I was looking for tips on rotisserie 2 bone prime rib. Do I skewer it through the sides? Thanks. George

I think a 2 bone might be a little small. When I have done them I simply do them indirect

TVWBB Fan
    That's what I am going to end up doing the slow cook then high heat sear....Why is a large 2 bone not good for rotisserie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast