Grill cleaning companies

Ed L

TVWBB Fan
Yes they are out there!

Recently moved and having researched this as a business opportunity I am slowly getting one started. There is no one within 90 miles doing this.

We have a lot high end homes in the area with built in and high end grills. So we are not talking the throwaway grills.

I did my first test clean last Friday. A $1200 Napoleon. 3.5 hours $250. Happy customer. He’s been looking for someone to do this. He has a second home down in the So Cal desert and has a guy down there who does it.

He referred me to his property manager. I chatted with her and sent info. She has at least 2 people wanting this done.

It will be a slow start up with what I believe is a lot of potential.

Who would’ve thought that it all started with the occasional flip of a Weber?

Thanks for all the info you guys post!

Ed

Sounds cool. My thoughts, if you haven't yet, get yourself a website to drive in the business. Have some good before and after pictures on the site to showcase your work.

I would think that someone could do something like this pretty easily, but only if you live in a metro area and more of an upscale area. As your business grows, you can acquire some heavy duty tools to make it all easier and cheaper in the long run.

I'd be interested to hear exactly how you cleaned your first grill (for pay) and what tools, chemicals and equipment you used to do it. Thanks.

Geeez, on my first grill, I think it was just some oven cleaner and basic hand tools and maybe a wire wheel brush on a drill. Then some household cleaners and some spray paint. Things have evolved quite a bit since then.

I can still remember having parts left over and spending a lot of time trying to figure out where every connector and screw and bolt was supposed to go when it was time to reassemble the grill.

I’m in a resort area with lots of high end homes.

Tools. Soft bristle brushes that won’t scratch stainless steel. Plastic scrapers. Spray bottles fr water. Dawn and water. Non toxic biodegradable food grade degreaser (Took awhile to find the right one). Other stuff as well

Easy off would not even touch burned on carbon on stainless. Even after repeated tries. I had a old beat up Vermont casting grill to experiment on.

Some elbow grease.

I’ve been doing lots of research over the past 5 months. So not giving lots of details. It will be a slow business build. Plus I have lots of contacts with various property management companies in the area.

Sorry still haven’t figured an easy way to get 20 years of crud off a aluminum genny 1000 interior:(

Nice, creative thinking. Best of luck with this! In your months of research, hopefully you are mindful of legal requirements of running a business. Covering those business-related costs will also impact your pricing structure. Wherever people or other business entities are involved, some of them can be merciless once they agree to pay for a service or goods. A well thought-out agreement won't protect one's reputation but it will spare a business of certain legal actions.

I’ve been working in a service based field for a long time.

Lots of customer service, estimates, cost of doing business etc.

I’m aware of what’s needed for running a business and the nitty gritty details.

Thanks for input!

I did not expect this so soon.

Just landed a $900 cleaning and repair on a 15 year old $6000 or so Viking built in grill. Cleaning fee, parts and labor on service and repair. You thought Weber parts expensive! Lol!

I’m still keeping my day job as this business builds. It was a referral from a high end outdoor store, hot tubs, grills and furniture etc that I left info with from my first job referral

Last edited:

Back