Hello from the United Kingdom!

Martin L

Good afternoon,

I've just purchased a WSM 22" (after 5 years of using a Weber Master Touch and lately a Performer).

We're having friends round more often and I've decided I need the capacity to grill and smoke simultaneously! I've done some briskets on the kettle, but it's awkward to plan for parties where I have a dozen people with different tastes.

First cook was this morning - some chicken supremes to get a feel for how it runs at 325°F. Seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and cumin - came out great!

PSLH7ph.jpg

Thanks Ed!

Cook number two on now - little 4.5lb pork shoulder this time. Holding 225°F with no problem whatsoever. Guess the giant water pan helps. So much easier than using the kettle, even with the slow n sear.

Sounds like you have that WSM all dialed in! My 18.5 holds right around that temp. for many hours as well. Great smokers! Enjoy your smoked pork dinner.

Hi Martin. Good to see another Uk WSM fan. I wonder how many there are? I’ve an 18 WSM and can recommend the apple brine turkey recipe (Christmas wouldnt be the same without it) and the salmon cure recipe on this site. It holds temp amazingly well and very versatile. Happy smoking ��

Back