Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stainless Steel Cooking grates for the Q grills

I wouldn't call that unusable, but maybe the word unacceptable or not ideal would be better. 3/4" is pushing it for anyone though if that is the correct spacing.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Sorry I just would not bother even trying with spacing like that. Not worth the hassle time and trouble plus lost food, poor performance and so on. I call it unusable and sticking with it. IMO anything over .5" is a wasted effort

Well, if it is 3/4 of an inch, then I totally agree with you Larry. But, if it is a half inch as I have roughly measured - and as has been also more carefully measured by Richard in NS - then I don't personally think that is so terrible. Certainly not world class by any stretch, but usable. You are, of course, certainly entitled to still feel they aren't worthwhile regardless.

For me, at a half inch - and for the right application such as where rusting is an especially difficult problem - I think these could make good sense. When my next Amazon points fall, if i have enough I might be the guinea pig and get a set for the church project I mentioned. Rust is a huge issue at that property way out in Timbuktu, so this could be a good solution.

Great sear marks? No.
    Heat holding like cast iron? No.
    But low maintenance for grills that will almost entirely be used to crank out burgers and hot dog? I think yes.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 CharQ,Q2200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, SJ. 2 many projects!

RCP grates for the Genesis are greater than 4/10" gap I believe. So not much less than 1/2"

IF they have a $$$ back satisfaction guarantee I may order a set for one of my Q3xx grills and give them a "measure" and if as I suspect I can send them back. But if the bars are decent and it's not more than .5" spacing. I would work with them

Larry: For Prime members: "Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition and get a full refund: no shipping charges."

Maybe I will have to order one and see what it's like

Let us know if you do Larry. I am leaving to pick up a Q320 in a little bit.

I picked up the Q300. It is missing the thermometer and the grates were shot and the gray shroud and propane tank mount are missing. Otherwise, good condition for a 13 year old grill. I only paid $20 so no biggy. I an undecided if I will put new grates in it and keep it, or if I will use it for parts. If anyone gets a set of the SS rod grates, let me know how they are. This grill will likely spend its life out doors without a cover and it will need to be bullet proof.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234