First time for a Genesis Gold

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Well, I finally finished another grill. I got it up on CL and FB MP. This was my first rehab of a SS lid and it went good. I think the lid turned out good. However, the inside was not going to come clean with simple scrubbing and I didn't want to rip out the liner so it is what it is.

I have sold my last couple Silver B's for $260 - $270, so I figured the SS hood and side burner would be worth at least $25 more.
Let me know what you guys think.

https://madison.craigslist.org/for/d/lyndon-station-weber-genesis-gold/6917508564.html

Great looking work as always Bruce. Will likely be sold tomorrow if you
are blessed with some decent weather.

No bites yet. Actually, nasty rainy weather might be better for selling the grill. People will be stuck indoors with nothing to do but search Craigslist and FB MP for a grill to buy ;)

Bruce,

Another really nice one:cool: - as always - and a new adventure for you with a stainless hood Weber! Are those grates a set of the Hongso ones? I am waiting for my order to come and hopefully a little time to clear up to do my stainless grate comparison. I am hoping to give everyone an honest, thorough assessment of the options currently available.

If you cut out the liner, you will just find the other side of the stainless hood which should clean up fine. It will definitely show better that way. It is probably true that over time or if used really hot for a long stretch that there will be some "bluing" of the hood. Not sure how much that matters. So, it is a catch 22. I will say, though, that Weber did sell some early Genesis 300 grills with stainless hoods that had no liner. If you choose to remove, the important thing will be to exercise care in cutting it out so that it looks neat and not hacked.

That looks beautiful, Bruce. If I were in your proximity I'd be scrambling for a way to budget for it! Here's how I'm wired: a design Engineer incorporated the liner to serve a purpose and I would frown upon its absence. Not being squeaky-clean would not at all be a deterrent; I'd get it messy on my own within a month. I don't say that to argue any other input, all of which is valid; I share it to simply point out there are going to be varying thoughts among prospective buyers.

Thanks Jon for the advice. I may clean up a regular hood and put that on there and see how it does as well. But, for now, I am going to let it ride while I get a start on my next Silver B.

Yes, those are Honsgo grates. Fit snug, good spacing and non-magnetic.

That looks beautiful, Bruce. If I were in your proximity I'd be scrambling for a way to budget for it! Here's how I'm wired: a design Engineer incorporated the liner to serve a purpose and I would frown upon its absence. Not being squeaky-clean would not at all be a deterrent; I'd get it messy on my own within a month. I don't say that to argue any other input, all of which is valid; I share it to simply point out there are going to be varying thoughts among prospective buyers.

I see it the same way as you BFletcher. A little gunk in the fire box and under the lid is just "seasoning" IMO. But, I have found that the average guy wants a "Clean" grill, inside and out.

Back