When the elevator does not go all the way to the penthouse!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We have had almost ten days of miserable wet weather here in the heart of the mitten state. I was out this morning needing to move some things for a weekend party, bumped the “overperformer” and had a splash of water come out of the ash catcher!
D’UH! Where in the world would rain go? It’s more or less a sphere, they were both full! Disgusting mush in the bottoms. All apart now enjoying a spa day in the sun.
When will I learn to remember to remove them when it’s that nasty?
Thankfully the party weather (and smoking weather) should be Michigan at its most beautiful!
Have a grand weekend folks!

I was trying to put a good spin on it Fletch.
Lots of farmers are in deep Kim chee! Our corn (not mine) from locals is not going to be what it should be!
I pray for the farmer daily! With special intentions for the little guys around here. This will be devastating for some.

I too am deeply saddened for them. I live in the middle of a farming community. I work with a couple guys who farm for a side income, one of whom has planted less than 1/3 of his crop. He's not happy but won't be devastated as some others will whose entire income depends on crops.

PM sent.
The farmers life is far more difficult that the grocery store would like you to believe.
LOTS of berries are toast, pardon the pun and the little guy can lose out in the worst way.
Time to set off my sidewinder Minion method!

Feel very sorry for the farmers all across the Midwest. We have some close friends, a younger couple, they both had to work long hours and we would go down to their house in the afternoon and let the their labs out to get some exercise. As a matter of fact Abby our black lab is related to the two labs we watched. One is her grandmother and the other is her cousin. We got Abby as a gift of sorts for spending a year babysitting their labs as Laurens mother raises labs in Michigan.
They moved back to Michigan a little over a year ago and bought a 20 acre hobby farm, so we still have a lot of contact with them and they told us that all the produce farms around them had nothing growing at all, kind of scary.
I crab about the wind here, nothing compared to what's going on in the Midwest.

The two with the bandanas are the ones we babysat.
48114735906_720cb945da_z.jpg
[/url]100_2429 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

That’s very interesting Rich,
I got my lab way back when from a great breeder, she was the last one and had been “schooled” a little when we got her. I named her “Abigail”. I lost her when I parted company with my girlfriend while in Seattle. I came back here she stayed there. Ultimately I understand she got married and took the dog to Tucson! Interesting.
I loved that dog!

I might have to stay in a bad relationship if I'd lose the dog :(. Albeit, the choice would probably not be mine to make, lol.

Well, I won’t go into details but, the dog was a small price to pay as it turned out.
I should have shipped the dog but, I had a hunch “we” would get back together....WRONG!

Back