If I only had an extra Skyline hood...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Here's are really nice very last version of the Weber Genesis Silver. Double thermoset tables, black knobs & handle and looks well cared for...$75.

While I actually really like that last Silver hood with the decorative stripe, I keep thinking how cool this grill would look if you substituted a Skyline hood. I wish I had one to spare. It would take the Skyline in a whole different and more modern direction than my 3000 based, wood slat version. There is also a 2 burner Silver A that looks just like this B that a 2-burner Skyline hood I think could be substituted as a cool makeover.

9upPkvo.jpg

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/for/d/naples-weber-genesis-silver-gas-grill/6916018022.html

I agree Jon, those black knobbed and handled grills are probably more scarce than the SS framed Platinum grills. Why Weber didn't go with black knobs and handles on more of or even all of their grills is beyond me.

Unless I find a wire basket for my Skyline, I am seriously considering moving the Skyline hood to my SS framed Platinum project.

Here's are really nice very last version of the Weber Genesis Silver. Double thermoset tables, black knobs & handle and looks well cared for...$75.

While I actually really like that last Silver hood with the decorative stripe, I keep thinking how cool this grill would look if you substituted a Skyline hood. I wish I had one to spare. It would take the Skyline in a whole different and more modern direction than my 3000 based, wood slat version. There is also a 2 burner Silver A that looks just like this B that a 2-burner Skyline hood I think could be substituted as a cool makeover.

9upPkvo.jpg

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/for/d/naples-weber-genesis-silver-gas-grill/6916018022.html

Jon,

PM me. I have decided to just part out the Skyline I got this past fall. The only things I'm gonna keep are the side table and condiment basket (Sorry Bruce).

Bobby

Last edited:
Bobby: You really need to part it all out. Just sayin'.

A skyline basket without the lid is like a thumb without a hand.

I picked up my 2nd Skyline hood today. I have
had this planned on very crappy pics all week.
Faded lid, and a small scratch dead center. A fellow member here would already own this if not. I will likley
End up giving this lid away for free and. If you are interested let me know.

Back