Spirit II E-310 or Genesis II E-210

MarkoH

Greetings,

I am deciding between Spirit II E-310 GBS and Genesis II E-210 GBS. Price is very similar.

Most time we will cook for 3 members, but occasionally for cca 8 members, so I guess size and 2 burners in Genesis II E-210 are enough.

I'd rather buy Genesis II E-210 because of a better materials over a spirit. But spirit have 3 burners which is better for indirect cooking.

Help me decide please :)

Kr,
Mark

Last edited:
Splurge and go 3 burner Genesis. No secret I am no fan boy of new Weber grills but if you're bent on them minimum would be a 3 burner Genesis. Better luck with indirect is main reason, taller hood gives better heat control as well. Don't waste your $$$ on a rotisserie for it though unless you like things only cooked on the ends

I've been extremely happy with my Spirit 3 burner so far. "Splurging" is 60% more. If you're set on $500 as your price point you're getting relatively equal pieces of hardware (virtually the same cooking space) from the same company, get 3 burners instead of 2.

Last edited:
Yep, while Spirit uses somewhat lower quality parts and are not usually as fancy, they are fully capable grills and I would opt for the three burners for sure.

Yup, I'd go with the 3 burner Spirit. Just take good care of it and it should last a long time.

Tough decision but I think I would go with the 3 burner spirit too. No doubt the genesis is a heavier duty higher quality grill. But the spirit is a fine grill too. And far superior to the cheaper big box grill brands.

If we can’t talk you into buying an already restored classic Genesis 3-burner from a member here, then my vote would be with the larger Spirit. Figure at some point on upgrading Flavorizer bars and maybe grates as well.

MarkoH: I sure it will be OK. Enjoy the grill. Post back after you had a chance to use it a while and let us know how it is working out for you.

Congrats Markoh! I am sorry I didn't notice you were not in the US. Getting a restored grill is probably not likely in your case. I think you made a very good choice and hope you do great with it!

Back