Q 3???

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
Hi guys. I bought a Weber Q 3xxx. I see there are 300 series and 3000 series. What is what? I have not picked it up yet. My cousin is bringing it over this weekend. I believe it is an older model. Says Weber on lid (not a big Q) has electronic ignition and the light attaches behind the handle.
Grill looks ok in pictures but needs a good cleaning.
35.00 on CL. Love my Genesis 310 but am excited to try this little guy for burgers dogs etc.
I'm thinking I will give it a good cleaning and perhaps a fresh coat of paint.

The only differences I know between them are the 3200 includes a light, electronic ignition, and
a warming rack. I prefer the 300 myself, simply because of the old style, rarely fails, igniter.
$35 is a GREAT buy either way though. Share some pics when you can.

Hi Lewis

You got a Steal! If it has Weber on the lid, electronic igniter, and the light it is a Q320 like the first image. They used to make a Q300 with piezo igniter and no light. The second image is the Q3200 with Q on the lid, and the light attached to the handle. The first Q3200s did have the light attached behind the handle like the Q320s though.

yGuamJ8.jpg

q8qlXHi.jpg

Great Deal! Even if you later have to get new grates or burners you got it so cheap that wouldn’t be that bad. And those would be brand new at that point. You are likely to be very surprised how great the Q grills:coolkettle:! Very even. Also these grills have very little to rust out and they are easy to keep clean and working well.

The only real difference between the earlier model and the current one is style. A piezo starter is definitely less problematic than the electric ones.

If you find that the lid is losing paint you could consider a fun color change.

I got the grill last night! It is in very good condition. Originsl paint is very nice as well as inside of fire box. Just needs some soap and water! Grates are shot. I ordered new ones and a cover last night. About 130.00 + 35.00 that I paid for grill. Nice little grill for $165. Hooked up the tank and it lit right up and pretty much pegged the thermometer @ 600*. Its also larger than I imagined. I'm very happy with it. I'm not good with pictures but I'll try to post some later.

Back