16ga. Flavorizer Bars

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi
What’s the consensus on 16ga FB’s. Is that too thick? Any experience with Qulimetal 16ga FB for Silver B? I read 1 negative by someone swaying it is too thick, that is why Weber uses thinner gauge(according to this guy). George

That guy is likely the only person on the face of the earth that would think that.
Maybe he works for Weber. :)

Yeah I kinda thought that too. Got my grates from rcplanebuyer. They look great. But was thinking of getting the Qulimetal 16ga 304 because they r cheaper than Dave’s and no shipping charge from amazon plus have amazon credit to cover the cost

In my opinion, Qlimetal make some really nice flavorizer bars for the Silver at a decent price.

For the 13-bar Genesis 1-5, x000 grills my vote would be for Dave Santana/rcplanebuyer. His stuff is always top drawer, and for these earlier Genesis grills I don't know of any other options I could strongly recommend.

Thanks. Just as a side note person right down the street from as throwing out an older spirit and I managed to pull off the white sidewalks and burner knobs I also got one caster off but when I got home I noticed the casters on my 2001 silver b were 2” but the spirit ones were 2.5”. The schematics for the silver b give a certain part number and some sites say 2” others say 2.5”. Can someone please confirm for me the proper size of the casters on my silver B. Does the fact that it is 2001 make a difference. I know I am asking tons of questions but as a former teacher I couldn’t emphasize enough the importance of asking questions till everything was thoroughly understood. George
Ps I guess a level would also work to see if 2” made it level

Back