Interchangeable parts on early Genesis models

MikeH_MKE

Greetings all. New to the forum, but have been grilling on Webers for a while now. I have a question about the interchangeability of parts between Genesis models from the 80s and 90s, especially the lids. I have a Genesis 1 that has a red lid that I love. Can I put that lid on the next generation? I occasionally see 1000-5000 era models for good prices, and with internals (flavorizer bars, grates, etc) in better shape than mine, but I don’t want to give up that sweet red lid. Is it possible to do a swap?

It's possible, yes.

I just installed a from a red lid from a Genesis 3 on what is essentially a Genesis 3000.

Dc8epAth.jpg

Yes, it's a 9057. On mine, only one of the lights work. I am using it temporarily because it looks better than a gray plastic handle (if I ever get around to redoing all the wood slats, I will also replace the handle).

I do like mine a lot. There really aren’t any other options for the older Genesis that look nearly as good in my opinion. With an LED bulb upgrade they can hold their own with newer handle lights.

This winter, when the sun goes down around four, I may decide this is a mistake, but I’m going to stick with the wood for now. Mine isn’t in perfect shape, but still decent.

Back