Advice wanted for Sunday roast

Ian M.

Hi all, any advice on best way to cook a large piece topside beef on a Weber kettle? I don’t want to cook it too slow as would appreciate it medium rare in the middle.
Someone has told me it’ll be fine just with indirect heat using briquettes but felt I better check 👍

Ian-

I realize that you may have planned this out already, but here's a recipe for grilled topside roast from weber.com: https://www.weber.com/GB/en/recipes/beef/roast-beef-and-yorkshire-pudding/weber-85027.html

The recipe calls for indirect at 200C, so I think you are on the right track. I don't think I've cooked this one before, but as a lean, tender roast, it should be great cooked indirect (and perhaps seared at the end to crisp up the fat cap.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on with this cook!

Rich

Thanks Rich, will follow that one next time and see how it goes.
Last weeks went well, 90 minutes @180 indirect, sat on a bed of veg so it stayed out of the water the veg were in. Everyone enjoyed it so couldn’t have been bad for first attempt. Have a pic but can’t figure out how to attach it on my phone so will have to wait until infront of computer 👍

Thanks for the update, Ian, and glad to hear it went well! Would love to see a pic if you can figure out how to get it on here. :)

Cheers,
Rich

Back