Best grill cover for genesis e-335?

PatrickP

Is there a superior grill cover out there for the genesis 2 grills that will hold up through wisconsin winters and be outside year around? Finding something to last more than a couple years is a lot to ask for though.

Under severe conditions - whether you harsh winters or our scorching sun - two years may be all you can realistically expect a cover to last and still look decent.

Some people reject the new Weber covers for being too light weight, but I like that they breathe well and resist shrinking and hardening. I have a couple of the older ones I use to cover my unfinished projects. Totally stiff and pretty much don’t fit anymore. They crack a little worse every time I take them off.

I have seen the King Kong covers being recommended. I bought one for my grill a couple months ago but they are more of a rubbery material and while they are definitely water repellant, they likewise DO NOT allow the moisture that builds up under the cover to dry up which is probably a worse situation that leaving it uncovered. I got rid of that one and bought this one:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B073WSJN7B/tvwb-20 , but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I have my grill in the garage but am planning to move it outside as my garage is getting way to cramped.

I agree with Jon, the Weber covers do breath well but they are pretty expensive and I wish they had the built in vents like they used to. I think there are several aftermarket covers out there that are as good or better than the Weber covers for a lot less, but I would look for one that has built in vents, otherwise, you are going to find orange/red rust spots popping up all over the place after a while.

I love the Weber and I had gotten mine on a deal at EBAY don't expect it to hold the color like the old ones it started to fade less than 6 mos after I got it and now its grey not black. On the C the guy gave me one of the old covers like Jon said its very stiff and getting to the point its a chore to put it on.

Bruce give us your reviews that cover for that price even if it lasted 2 years would be a bargain.

Yah, that is the one. I like it. Time will tell, but it is more of a canvas style with a coating and it has good vents. I think it is a good buy for the price.

Does anyone know what size Weber grill that one is made for? Looks pretty big for an older Genesis 1-5, x000.

Does anyone know what size Weber grill that one is made for? Looks pretty big for an older Genesis 1-5, x000.

Jon, you need to measure the 1000 I think and maybe wrong the 1000 no burner is 53x26x44 its very confusing when you search. 58 would be fine if you ask me easier to put on and off. I feel a bit bad when I posted that lightning deals the one for the silver c like you mentioned had shrunk got brittle basically unusable so I searched their brand found this but it was a lightning round waited a minute before it started since it had a timer and ordered it right away by the time I came back here to post it was over no more than 5 minutes by the way.

Got it for 11.07 now back to $18.99 you have to get lucky with those lightning deals yes its bigger than a normal c cover but so what easier to get off and on as a silver c is 61x22x37 will take it over to my neighbor as its very long vertically will just have here hem it for me if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07G868CTX/tvwb-20

So I got this silver c generic cover put it on today has a different name then the link no matter. Appears to be pretty good quality it has vents on the right and left side covered by a flap it fits really nice side to side and back to back to long I knew that and my neighbor was just over had to loan her some mayo she will take it up about 3" top to bottom next week we will see how it holds up I expect it to fade the Weber did and by the way she is taking that up a few inches also as even though it was the model number for a 1000 it was still to long top to bottom.

Back