It is all your fault.....

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
..... that you guys made me an addict. Lol
Going on a shopping spree tomorrow. Wife is out of the country and I found a few grills. Lol.
Red head 1000, green silver b, sidewinder with side burner and a 4 burner old style Summit with sear and side burner. Let’s see how that works out. Altogether for around $130. Plus $20 for the U-Haul trailer since I don’t own a truck.

Either that or just buy a cargo trailer. Good luck Stephan, it sounds like you are going on a Weber Bender this weekend.

Believe me, Redheads can be really hot, but they don't make a good mistress.

I showed my wife your post. I am surprised she didn’t tell me to not get any ideas. I told her that she had to admit that I never came home with four grills. She replied, “Only because you can’t fit them in our van:eek:!” She also said, though, that unless your wife is on a summer missions trip if she is out of the country your budget can probably handle getting all those grills. She obviously doesn’t think ours can:(!

I think I need a truck, too!

Yeah, I can show you guys how you can put nothing down the first year, and still get a huge tax write-off for buying a truck. Of course, you have to surface and declare your grill activities as a business:eek:...

Jon, get a truck and write it off as a business expense. LOL

I would probably also be writing off sleeping inside the house so it would have to have a camper cover for when I get tossed out along with my unfinished grills:eek:.

It is something to think about and when it is all said and done, it may or may not be financially beneficial. I guess you would know best on that Jon.

You guys crack me up. No I don’t want a truck. To rent a trailer once a while is a lot cheaper and I don’t have a behemoth sitting in my driveway.
I just need to make sure I get them restored before the family is back in a few weeks. Lol

Last edited:
I thought it was a sickness not a business :D I think you can write off expenses relating to sicknesses. Re, old style Summit with sear burner. I don't think such a beast exists. Not until the 3rd or current generation Summit. In the 2nd gen they introduced optional rotisserie burner and smoker burner.

It is a sickness and anyway we can find to expand the activity is what must be done to feed the beast.

Here are 3. The seller of SS sidewinder had to postpone till tomorrow.
The green silver B and the red 1000 are parts grills. Too much rust on both. But the Summit Gold looks good. Basically no rust on frame and firebox. Lots of grease. It was in a storage unit. But the flavorizer bars are shot and it has grates from Genesis which are narrower.
plwYHGqVj

Stephan, I have a Summit that I can use to help you out with parts if you plan to rehab that one.

Bruce as it looks right now I need flavorizer bars and an igniter. There is someone in my area selling flavorizer bars for a 6 burner summit. Could they be cut to fit the 4 burner?

Back