Rib Addiction

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
I have to admit I have addiction to beef ribs.
As I said on my smoke Day post that I love these ribs so I was going to stock up.
Just to show that I'm not a BS'r they had a sale, I had 2-3 brewsky's next thing you know 10 packs of ribs are on the way.
Fed Ex delivered them this morning. I got out my .38 I don't share ribs. LOL
Unless you want to eat them at my house. Oh & BTW yesterday I got 4 bone prime beef plate ribs delivered from Creekstone Farms.
One rack is in the smoker as this is being posted. Gonna be guud.
I have spent my wad on ribs for this year. Wife took my credit card away.
Next month I gotta stock up on the Devil, supply is way low.
t5RP8vQ.jpg

I said that we were going camping in our new RV after
smoke day. Here we are in a camp site that we have stayed at in the last 20 years.
I also stay here during elk season. RV worked perfectly, it was a great trip as I know all my beef ribs will be.
Have a nice weekend everyone.
Keep Q'n & keep doin'.
RUJ9cod.jpg

Last edited:
You two are living large!
Nice home away from home.

I know you're a lump guy and probably have tried KJ's big block. I finally got around to opening the bag I got at Costco last year, I like the stuff, but some pieces are too large and need breaking down.

I cannot find those "plate" ribs anywhere. Share your sources

I get them through Creekstone Farms. Under the premium beef. They had been out of stock till recently. They have a special going on them right now for Fathers day.
That's why I nailed 2 packs.
Hope that this helps.

You two are living large!
Nice home away from home.

I know you're a lump guy and probably have tried KJ's big block. I finally got around to opening the bag I got at Costco last year, I like the stuff, but some pieces are too large and need breaking down.

Havent seen that brand yet Bob. But if I do I will give it a shot I always like to try new lump. And I do own a couple of big hammers. LOL

Havent seen that brand yet Bob. But if I do I will give it a shot I always like to try new lump. And I do own a couple of big hammers. LOL
I should have said Kamado Joe instead of just KJ. :)
It might be similar to your JD, from Amazon:
"Working with Argentinian charcoal masters, we developed an exclusive blend of three hardwoods so legendary for their density they are called ' Axebreakers' by locals. This dense wood is then painstakingly roasted in traditional outdoor ovens to create the world's largest, finest lump charcoal."

s-l300.jpg

I should have said Kamado Joe instead of just KJ. :)
It might be similar to your JD, from Amazon:
"Working with Argentinian charcoal masters, we developed an exclusive blend of three hardwoods so legendary for their density they are called ' Axebreakers' by locals. This dense wood is then painstakingly roasted in traditional outdoor ovens to create the world's largest, finest lump charcoal."

s-l300.jpg

Bob,
I will give that one a try. I do like axe breaker type lump that has 3 different types. Wow that would be right up my ally. As I said I am low on lump, so I'll find this on Amazon and give a bag or tow a shot. If prices are what I am used to. You guys have a safe summer.

I know your addiction, I suffer from the same malady. I just don't have as much freezer room as you do.

I bought four racks of plate ribs from Creekstone last week, they were cut below the chuck, took advantage of that sale. I'm still looking for the three bone racks, cut below the rib eye. I think SNF's is the only place I can get them.

And I want to find the flakencut beef beef ribs, grill em , and use them for taco meat.

I had two of the Creekstone upper 2/3 choice brisket delivered yesterday, it was 50% off. I could not pass it up. I may have started something here, as Creekstone is only two hours up I-35 from me. I wonder what kind of deals I could get if I showed up in person.

Bout time to get the smoker fired up, I just wish I could do that this weekend.

Beef ribs around here are as rare as unicorns. Never had much luck with them, but then again don't have much experience with them either.
Nice looking trailer, we had one similar with the two doors really enjoyed it but no longer have it.

You sure know how to stock a freezer Russ. That's going to make for some dynamite bbq. Love the RV. Believe I mentioned that on Smoke Day. I'm mulling that over, probably nothing that large, but something we can use in the event we are forced to evacuate due to a fire in the area. They are going to be extremely liberal with their evacuation orders this year in California, at least in our area in the north end of the state. Also, the utility companies out here have adopted "Proactive Power Outages" during inclement weather conditions, mainly windy days. Sometimes this could be up to 48 hours. That's a tough pill to swallow when outside temperatures hover around 110, especially for all electric customers. No water or A/C. Anyway, a fall back place to go would be a nice option to have in the event of either.

PS..... Hope you get your credit card back soon!:)

Beef ribs are expensive, Larry. Its not just that place. I bought four racks at 50% off from Creekstone for $120. A few months ago at my grocer, I got four racks ( and I had to ask the butcher for them, they weren't out on the shelf ) for $110. So for me, getting Creekstone prime at a price very near what I got from my grocer, for a quality undefined, was a deal.

A local meat market sells single beef ribs at $6 a pound, and a rack of four will average about $20 to $25.

And at that, you're getting a lot of bone. No doubt , they are a splurge and a treat.

Barbecue joints here and in Texas, only serve beef ribs one day a week, usually on Saturday. They can't make any money on them, they cost too much and if the joint priced them with a profit, they would be out of reach of most customers. We have a local joint that charges $25 for one beef rib.

What I find here at grocers, is usually what they call a " short rib " . Its a chuck beef rib cut in about 2" length. They package a few of them together and wrap in cellophane and put on the shelf.

Last edited:
I know your addiction, I suffer from the same malady. I just don't have as much freezer room as you do.

I bought four racks of plate ribs from Creekstone last week, they were cut below the chuck, took advantage of that sale. I'm still looking for the three bone racks, cut below the rib eye. I think SNF's is the only place I can get them.

And I want to find the flakencut beef beef ribs, grill em , and use them for taco meat.

I had two of the Creekstone upper 2/3 choice brisket delivered yesterday, it was 50% off. I could not pass it up. I may have started something here, as Creekstone is only two hours up I-35 from me. I wonder what kind of deals I could get if I showed up in person.

Bout time to get the smoker fired up, I just wish I could do that this weekend.

Lynn, glad to see that you suffer from the same addiction that I do. And no its not a cheap addiction. But BBQ is not a cheap junk food either. But for the money time & effort beef ribs can really deliver beef flavor.
Also I will look at the brisket deal for 50% off. My dad has a freezer in his garage that has almost nothing in it. Thanks for the heads up.

Beef ribs around here are as rare as unicorns. Never had much luck with them, but then again don't have much experience with them either.
Nice looking trailer, we had one similar with the two doors really enjoyed it but no longer have it.

Rich, I hear you about the ribs being rare & hard to get. That's why we watch the sales & use Creekstone Farms, Snake river farms, & Lone Mtn Wagyu from NM. They are not cheap in price but nothing is in BBQ I think. But the flavor can be worth it. Hope that you guys have a great Fathers Day weekend. My dad bought 4 Wagyu rib steaks from Lone Mtn. Sunday we will be having our first Wagyu rib eye steaks. I'm stoked.
They are $70 a piece. I'm gonna do a reverse sear, cant mess it up.
BTW, I just remembered if you are neat a Sams club they have plate type ribs that they cut into flanken ribs, I've gone there & bought the ribs whole but had ask for them. I had to also buy 4 in a cyrovac package. They were premium grade & outstanding. Might give Sams a shot.

Last edited:
You sure know how to stock a freezer Russ. That's going to make for some dynamite bbq. Love the RV. Believe I mentioned that on Smoke Day. I'm mulling that over, probably nothing that large, but something we can use in the event we are forced to evacuate due to a fire in the area. They are going to be extremely liberal with their evacuation orders this year in California, at least in our area in the north end of the state. Also, the utility companies out here have adopted "Proactive Power Outages" during inclement weather conditions, mainly windy days. Sometimes this could be up to 48 hours. That's a tough pill to swallow when outside temperatures hover around 110, especially for all electric customers. No water or A/C. Anyway, a fall back place to go would be a nice option to have in the event of either.

PS..... Hope you get your credit card back soon!:)

Cliff, Hope that you get that new RV. They are worth it for the peace of mind. We had a 25 ft. Holiday Rambler for 18 years. And just wore it out. After the threat of drought & heavy fire danger last year we decided to update so if we have to bug out we will have some thing decent to stay in & somewhere to go. I rent out our old construction yard down in Aztec NM to a oil company. I have a Quonset hut there to keep the RV in when its not in use. I have water, elec & sewer dump there. Its 3 acres totally fenced. Its about 50 miles from us & not that far to go get it if we need it. If you are going to be facing power outages, you might think of a generator so you could run your refrigerator & AC on your RV. Sounds like a good way for you to go for a little peace of mind. Don't want to end out in the Walmart parking lot in a tent like I saw last fall out in Cally. Be sure to post a pic when you snag one. Would love to see it. Keep on Q'n & doin'.
BTW the credit card is in my wallet. lol Gotta go on a lump hunt real soon. You know having fun in retirement.

Even though costly I may still try to order them though it may put me in divorce ct LOL

LMichaels, take a look at the ribs I just posted on Photo Gallery. You definitely want to order some. Once the better half bites into them, she will be telling you to order some more.
Aint BBQ'n fun?

She's from Minnesota. Do you know how to tell if a Minnesotan is excited about a meal? Ask them how it was...................IF they answer "Not too bad" it bout as much excitement as you'll likely ever see

Back