Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accidental owner of a Weber Summit E-650

TVWBB Member
    Some of those parts below the rotisserie forks also look like a smoker box and the grill grate to go with it. Did that model have them?

TVWBB Fan
    That looks to be the spit in the back of the base cabinet. Perhaps the motor is back there too.....
    2007 E-320 NG Genesis Sidewinder

Don't let a little cool weather keep you from grilling! I grill year round, and it's especially fun in the winter months.

Slainte!

Tim
    Weber Genesis 2000, Natural Gas

Quote Originally Posted by AmitJudge View Post
    Thanks Chris, you're a font of knowledge on these things. I'll look out for a motor when I collect next week.

Stefan, in the UK the current model Summit E-670 is 3500 which is $4400. I can't believe they're selling very many at that price, we're just not into bbq'ing at the scale they are in US, Australia or South Africa say. It must be to do with the weather!
    Are you sure about the weather? Lol. I am originally from Germany and I found it always amusing that most convertibles back in 80s or earlier came out of Britain. Triumph, MG, Austin Healey, TVR, Jaguar, Lotus, Morgan and quite a few more.
    Yes and I agree the Weber prices in Europe are absolutely nuts. I wonder that people are willing to pay that much.
    Last edited by Stefan H; 06-14-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Leighton View Post
    That looks to be the spit in the back of the base cabinet. Perhaps the motor is back there too.....
    Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan H View Post
    Are you sure about the weather? Lol. I am originally from Germany and I found it always amusing that most convertibles back in 80s or earlier came out of Britain. Triumph, MG, Austin Healey, TVR, Jaguar, Lotus, Morgan and quite a few more.
    And none of them exist today because of the horrible tin worm inflicted by our weather, along with the salt they put on the roads here in the relatively mild winters.

Us brits must talk about the weather more than any oher nation, it's our favourite past time, yet we're so bad at handling it. Hose pipe bans in the summer when we've had continuous sun for more than 2 weeks, trains have speed restrictions as railway tracks can warp and buckle, tarmac from the road heats up and sticks to tyres wrecking the roads, the hottest it ever gets is 30deg C. The winters are no better, 2 inches of snow is enough to grind the country to a standstill, trains, airports, roads, schools will be shut. Anyway, I digress ;o)

One thing for sure, reading on here on how they can rust, I'll be keeping itnindoors in the garage, at least I have a week to clear up some space for it.

Good spot on the spit there Dan, let's hope it's all there.

No I doubt it. If you REALLY wanna see people obsessed with weather take a trip to Minnesota. Known fact that the Weather Channel is their state entertainment channel. Back in the day would talk to wife's dad, or uncle. "So what are you up to?" Them "Oh yah just watchin' da Weather Channel here you betcha" Another homage to Minnesotans and the weather channel and the weather itself, watch the movie FARGO. Whenever you see a TV on in the film it's The Weather Channel or when Marge is talking to people "Oh yah she looks like she's gonna snow" (I married a Minnesotan so I learned these things). Even in the book "How to Speak Minnesotan" they talk about it as part of the culture. Or even in Grumpy Old Men there is always a weather forecast playing

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post

So I'm guessing the tank is external to the grill, like in this UK video:
    The UK system of attaching a hose to the tank is very neat.

Larry I grew up in Minnesota. My parents still live there. I don't dispute anything you said above.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

I do hope anyone from MN does not take my observation (as a Chicago B&R kid) badly. After all a Minnesotan is the love of my life

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast