Blue Cheese Cole Slaw

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This recipe was first posted on my cooking game back in 2006. Since then, we have made it 14 times. With Father's Day coming up, I thought it would be a good time to share it here with you all.

Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
(serves 12)

1 (16oz) package shredded coleslaw mix
2 cups seedless RED grapes, halved
1/2 cup shredded carrot (if not in the coleslaw mix)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup prepared Dijon-style mustard
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 TB white sugar
2 TB cider vinegar

In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, cheese, sugar and vinegar. Add the coleslaw mix, grapes and carrots and stir until evenly coated. Chill until serving.

Source: Allrecipes.com - Sara - CLBB - Pammela

#15th time today. Still very good as usual. Just a reminder tho. Please make sure you buy SEEDLESS RED GRAPES. Guess who didn't. lol

I made this slaw last weekend and thought it was very good. But my mother LOVED it!
She is starting to lose her appetite a little bit, so you can bet I will be making this again soon.
Thanks for the recipe, Joan. :giggle:

I made this slaw last weekend and thought it was very good. But my mother LOVED it!
She is starting to lose her appetite a little bit, so you can bet I will be making this again soon.
Thanks for the recipe, Joan. :giggle:
Brenda, you are quite welcome, THANK YOU for trying it. I am soo happy your mother loved it, so do I and my appetite is going also (and my taste buds). Have I mentioned how happy I am to have another female on board?

Maybe we can come up with some more ideas to make your mother eat more.

Last edited:
Thanks for the bump, I never saw this until now. Looks fantastic! How do you think a quality blue cheese dressing would go in place of the mayo and blue cheese?

Thanks for the bump, I never saw this until now. Looks fantastic! How do you think a quality blue cheese dressing would go in place of the mayo and blue cheese?
Funny you should ask. Couple of weeks ago, DH made a Blue cheese and steak sandwich, but never got around to getting the blue cheese. After we ate the sandwich, we said, heck we should have tried the Blue Cheese dressing we have. So, I think the dressing is better to use than no blue cheese at all. lol (DH said just don't forget the cider vinegar)

Funny you should ask. Couple of weeks ago, DH made a Blue cheese and steak sandwich, but never got around to getting the blue cheese. After we ate the sandwich, we said, heck we should have tried the Blue Cheese dressing we have. So, I think the dressing is better to use than no blue cheese at all. lol (DH said just don't forget the cider vinegar)
Ahh! The vinegar is a good point. I really like Marie's Super Blue Cheese -- more cheesy than the Chunky Blue Cheese. That's what I would try. I'm not a big mayo fan and it's on my list of items to sub for. Even my basic slaw recipe subs sour cream for half the mayo.

Rich, therein lies the problem for me, I am a big fan of Hellman's mayo, and DH is the cheese lover. But, I can go it both ways. lol

Rich, therein lies the problem for me, I am a big fan of Hellman's mayo, and DH is the cheese lover. But, I can go it both ways. lol
He and I could get along. As far as the sandwich, I have tried it with Bl Ch dressing, but it really needs the cheese itself. Or strain the dressing. 🤣

Careful, that could happen if we ever get to traveling again. It would be cool to meet y'all. But to quote Jim Morrison, "People are strange".

Back