Summit tables vs Platinum tables

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Are these Summit tables the same as the tables (top and swing tables) used on the Genesis Platinum grills???

MkodhEw.jpg

Or, maybe I should be asking, will they fit a Genesis Platinum. THis is the Platinum I am hoping to use them on?

3Q1pboD.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm the Summit tables look more like the standard "speckled" tables with SS inserts. I have never seen these. I have only seen the Platinum tables which are that light "dirty" grey with the SS inserts. I personally don't like the Platinum tables because they are really sensitive to dirt and hard to clean. I had some where was not able to take dark spots off.
But if I would get some of these Summit tables I would keep them. If they are compatible in size with the Genesis tables.

Last edited:
Yah, that is the question. .... Are they compatible????

Anyone know for sure?

Bruce,
I don’t know for sure, but I would give it at least 90% probable that they are. It would make total sense that Weber would use the same parts, at least in mold sizes.

It is about a 85 mile drive, but if it would solve my trashed table problems on my SS Platinum, it would be hard to pass on for $20. I am going to contact the guy.

https://janesville.craigslist.org/hsh/d/fort-atkinson-weber-gas-grill/6909168691.html

BTW: How heavy is one of these things. I will be alone picking it up and it is a female that listed it, so I might have to do some dissassembly to get it up onto the bed of my truck. Maybe I should just take the trailer?

Last edited:
If he was nice enough to give you a couple measurements you would know for sure. I hope it works out! That would be a perfect fix, even better than original.

It is listed by a female. I am skeptical that I would get much confirmation as it is only listed for $20. She probably just wants it gone and won't want to go out and try to figure out what and how to measure the tables. I called and left a message and emailed. So, hopefully she will get back to me and I can set up a time to go check it out. I have some time tomorrow, but it is going to rain all day.

I figure if the tables work, that would be awesome and then I can just part out the rest of it. Wheels, knobs, thermometer, and other stuff. I assume it has SS rod grates. Are they usable on a Genesis at all?

Last edited:
Even though that is a bit of a drive, for $20 you should get your money's worth.

I don't know about interchangeability between the Summit 4 burner of this 2nd generation variety. The 1st generation 4-burner was the same as the Genesis. The newest Summit grates are bigger. In my enormous stack of unstarted projects I have a couple sets that I hope to shorten to use as Genesis grates.

If the tables are the same size, then those end pieces will be, too. If you can get them off, they are worth more than $20 alone. Then, like you said, knobs and other stuff. I will be pulling for you on those tables;).

It won't have the stainless bar grates I bet. Also the grates from that model will not fit a Genesis. Which is why on my email yesterday I cautioned that the frames may be different sizes

Hey Bruce, here are the schematics of the Summit you'll be picking up (I think) and an 05 Genesis Platinum B...

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/w...d-gas-grill-parts-c-193079_193087_193649.html

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/w...tinum-grill-parts-c-193079_193087_193351.html

The part numbers for the tables are different. Not saying that they won't fit because they may be different due to the color (the Summit table is a darker gray) but something to look at. I do hope it works out for you though.

Just got back with the Summit. Surprisingly good condition for $20. Basically it was marked down due to the dent in the front control panel. He said the wind knocked it over....wow.
Any way, the side tables are interchangeable. I have not yet tried the drop tables, but I see no reason that Weber wouldn't have used the same basic design for them as well.

Sam: yes, it is a 2005 model year with "DO" to start the serial number. (Summit Gold A4 NG SS)

I have seen all the posts regarding the rotted out panel where the burners come through the fire box and if I am looking at the same piece, the one I have is in good shape yet. There was some corrosion in a couple areas along the bottom edge of it, but other wise looked good. The grill was surprisingly clean inside. The Stamped steel grates were so clean that I didn't hesitate to jam the weber grill cover inside the cook box for transportation. I was almost thinking this grill should be rehabbed and I might have done it, except that it is NG and the demand for them just isn't high enough to make it worth while IMO. The cabinet did have some rust but surprisingly little along the bottom edges of the front back and side panels. It is hard to imagine why Weber didn't put more into these grills. A couple hundred more in SS parts would have made them sooo much higher quality.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for parts for a Summit, let me know....aside from the tables of course.

Last edited:
Yah, me too. I was really disappointed when I picked up the Platinum SS frame grill and basically all of the shelves were trashed. Aside from the SS frame, the shelves were the next most important part and I didn't think I would be able to find replacements as cheap as I did. The Weber cover that he gave me for it is in great shape too and there are quite a few other parts that I will be stealing off of it.

Anyone looking for a NG manifold for a Summit?

Bruce,
So glad that worked out for you. Now we will see if you can part with that Platinum - oh yeah, and that Skyline...So who is the collector:eek:!

Jon: I have a Gold C with side burner in the works and I have the Stainless Steel Platinum B in the works and the Skyline. I would love to keep all three but I really only need one grill. I have my Genesis 1000 as my current daily driver as well as a Q200 on the back deck and a Q200 in the garage to supplement the Genesis 1000 and then the Q100 in the camper. Dang, I guess I am a collector. I think what might wind up happening is I keep the SS Platinum and let the 1000 go.

I need to get a couple more rehabs going as I have been extremely busy the last month plus and just can't find any real time to work on them. Things are all booked up through the first week in July and I just know by the time that rolls around, I will have tacked on a bunch more commitments.

I will give that model Summit one thing..............they do cook amazingly well. Maybe a minor rehab and you can make a little profit on it. Hell the flavo bars on that thing are worth over $200 new

Flavor bars are workable, but getting to the end. One one side, a couple of the bars are no longer attached to the cross piece.

Here are a couple pictures of the panel where the burners come through. Is this still in good shape or is it bad?

ordx8GN.jpg

oKiUdg8.jpg

Bruce,

I will be interested to see what Larry says, but I think that Summit looks to have potential and not be shot at all. I have to say, though, that you are almost certainly right that if you did rehab this grill, you would be doing good to break even as a flip grill by the time you get all the parts replaced. Now, if you wanted THIS to be your daily driver, that might be a consideration...

However, I have to weigh in about your idea of keeping the Platinum SS. While not as "classic" as an earlier Genesis - definitely no cool color hood - this grill does have a lot going for it. I think you will like how it sits higher and, of course, the stainless frame is a very rare Weber treasure. And, underneath all the stainless, is still the heart of a real Weber Genesis. Those replacement tables you got will work great and while not charming like stained wood, they ARE a lot easier to maintain and have a way longer useful life. With care they will last longer than you or I will.

Of course, I would want to keep that Skyline, too:rolleyes:!

Back