Maintenance tonight?

I’m having the same problem, just smoking some beef sausage. If it was next weekend I’d be out here all night for brisket and pork shoulder. Hopefully the web page is up soon.

Thank you for the response and the link, still having no luck connecting. I’m about done smoking the sausages for the night. I’ll try again tomorrow.

I couldn’t get the/local link to work either. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything on using the interface!

I was away on vacation and for some reason the VM just shut off at 1:39pm on Jun 8. Someone emailed me about it and I was able to start the VM remotely (about all I can do to troubleshoot using my phone's browser) and it has been up ever since. I put in a ticket to ask about why it was shut down but the response was pretty much "shrug". I've got a second hosting company and already have a backup server running, but I don't have it syncing with the main server yet so until then, if the main site goes down it takes everything with it.

If you're just trying to find the device on your network, you should be able to just watch the LCD display and when it comes up (about 30-45 seconds) the IP address will be displayed for 1 minute. On windows systems, you should be able to also go into Explorer (file explorer not IE) and select Network and HeaterMeter will show up under "Other devices". On Apples, it should also display in whatever the bonjour/mdns browser is, but I'm not familiar with that.

I could hear my mom saying " this is why we cant have nice things". Was no problem, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything on my end. I did notice the HM was not assigning the IP so knew something was off. She works just fine on her own and did not have to babysit that one. Hope you had a good vacation.

Back