Looking for 14.5" accessories

BobJ

TVWBB Super Fan
Can anyone provide a part # and /or source for a rib rack that fits a 14.5"? Also need a shallower drip pan, the original sits on the coals for long cooks. Looks like they don't burn right doing so.

Thanks

Hi Bob. I've fired up a 14" WSM for the first time today and I'm running it with the stock water pan to see how it holds temps. My first thought about a shallower replacement would be a round cake pan or a deep dish pie pan. According to the specs, the stock water pan is 11.5" in diameter but what will matter most is how far the metal tabs on the grill straps that hold the water pan extend into the cooker. I think most cake and pie pans run in single inch increments so finding an 11.5" pan might be tough. On the other hand, a 12" diameter pan might fit if you don't plan to use the lower cooking grate. I do have a 12" round cake pan and I'll try it out once my temperature tests are done and the cooker cools down.

Hi Bob. I have the 14.5" and can confirm the Brinkmann being a perfect fit. I own 2 actually to cook at both levels :)

That thought with the shallower water pan is an interesting one. I only cook with lump (results close to no ashes) and can go like 10 hours with a single load in the 14.5". I also noticed that lump is almost touching the water pan but never really cared... though I always use the water pan empty as well. Maybe if I replaced with a more shallow one, I could go like 13-14 hours with a single load of lump? Hmm.

Back