Another Set Of A Bunch Of Cooks

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I know I haven't been posting much. But I HAVE been cooking. I've been forgetting to bring my phone out, so no pics. :(
But, good news! Here are some of what I have been doing during my shoulder rehab. Which is going amazing!
I did a Mother's Day paella indoors, as it was a little rainy out. I used Pammi's homemade broth, which has beef in it, that's why it's a little darker than usual. But, sooooooo much better than the box stuff!
48010054636_8fc7298c0a_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
Since I have time on my hands, I've been recording cooking shows off of PBS. I've always like ATK and Cook's Country. Not crazy about Milk Street, but I like Christopher Kimball, so I suffer through it.
I've discovered Lydia Bastianich, and her show. She cooks classic Italian food, and it looks amazing! One that she did, she roasted tomatoes and onions until tender, then rough chopped them and mixed with pasta. Tasty and light! We have it about once a week now. I've even started roasting them on the gasser to not heat up the house. Here's a before and after of the first batch I did.
48010161417_6c8523c581_k.jpg
48010136637_cdb8918995_k.jpg
I did a butt for Smoke Day. I didn't feel like cooking it all night, so I did an inexpert job of deboning it and put it on 7 in the morning. Came out very nice. And I had some small crispy bits that went into the beans! ;)
48010055316_9b1b115287_k.jpg
I've finally mastered wings on the kettle! They get nice a crispy and are a preferred lunch on Sunday's, football or no football!
48010064678_2e4fb88137_k.jpg
And, the rare plated shot with homemade blue cheese dressing!
48010140687_9075f7f651_k.jpg

This is the last week of school here in Charlotte, so I've been cooking for the school. Yesterday, I cooked hotdogs for the first grade. Since we're pretty close, I just cooked them on the gasser, wrapped the in foil and took them to school. 96 Ballpark all beef dogs and 8 Nathan's for the adults!
48010142877_dd8cf5217f_k.jpg
48010243752_60ad842e75_k.jpg
Then, today I had Pammi help me put the kettle in the back of the truck and I took it to her school to cook burgers and dogs for the staff. I had a whole set up going on, complete with the bottom half of the Miller Light SJ to keep the coals going!
The principal had never seen a chimney before and I had to give a demonstration to her explaining what it was and how it worked. But, I think I have a couple new chimney converts! No action shots, as once it got going, I was moving and grooving!
Have grill, will travel!
48010052281_95d839f617_k.jpg
And, the first of 2 1/2 chimneys going!
48010087063_b6b93ba5e0_k.jpg
Needless to say, I'm wore slap out! I cooked over 125 hotdogs, 80 burgers and 8 veggie burgers that I'm not sure my grill has forgiven me for yet! :p
Thanks for looking everyone!

It all looks wonderful Phil. It was really nice or you to do that for the school too. Glad to hear that shoulder is on the mend.

Great cooks, Phil. Sometimes we think we're the only ones who cook for others. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds with all the great cooks you posted and your work at the schools that you're on the mend which is great to hear. I'd take a sample plate of everything you cooked and I know I would be a happy guy.

Phil, that was a outstanding job you did. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the good food. Yes I'd take a plate of that also. Glad to hear your shoulder is on the mend.

Back