Genesis 2000

Mike Tee

TVWBB Fan
Hi,

Are parts interchangeable between genesis 2000 and silver b? I would like the extra side table and prefer the look of dura wood on 2000 compares to the full composite shelf of silver b. But I’d be cannibalizing several parts from the silver b to rehab the 2000- flavour bars, grill, lid etc.

Is the 2000 a 13 bar setup or 5? Does it work if only 5 are installed or does this not work?

And can I swap out the lid and other parts listed above?

Thanks,

MT

Hi Mike, a lot of the parts are interchangeable between the genesis 2000 and the silver b. The side tables are interchangeable. The Genesis 2000 has the 13 flavorizer bars set up, while the genesis sliver b uses only 5. The hood from the sliver b could fit the Genesis 2000 with a minor modification. Picture of Genesis 1000 same firebox / cookbox as genesis 2000
mEpIeYe.jpg
8oAUw4Q.jpg
lets see if a genesis sliver b hood fits on a genesis 1000/2000 firebox/cookbox
YR5HKGF.jpg
WnRJb1S.jpg
RZ3qADq.jpg
Cotter pins stick out a bit to much with the Genesis 1000/2000 firebox with the genesis silver hood. You could cut a small parts of the hood off and it would swing fully open then.

Last edited:
Cotter pins stick out a bit to much with the Genesis 1000/2000 firebox with the genesis silver hood. You could cut a small parts of the hood off and it would swing fully open then.

Noooooo, don't ever cut the lid. It's not the cotter pins that's causing the clearance issue.

The clearance issue is caused by these additional ridges on the lid endcaps:

vzlcTNZh.jpg

It takes about 30 seconds per side to remove the ridges with a bench grinder as the endcaps are aluminum.

TRUST ME ON THIS, DO NOT CUT THE HOOD!!! I cannot stress this enough.

I have sold multiple x000 series grills with a newer lid after this mod:

zEwPL0Nh.jpg

To answer the OP's question, the grates are compatible, the flavorizer bars are not.

Last edited:
To answer the OP's question, the grates are compatible, the flavorizer bars are not.

This is super helpful. I'm looking at a bbq that has slats to the right of the temp controls, but if I need to replace the innards with new parts, it will end up costing a bunch and I can live without the extra table, or wait for a BBQ in better shape.

For reference, my silver B has the older style lid with the temp on the right, so the lid wouldn't be an issue (I think) but 5 flavourizer bars, not 13.

MT

Back